Why become a member? ×

Time for an upgrade

bigsmokebass

Basically looking to get a new bass amp (inc cab) or a combo, my budget is about £700-800 and would prefer something big'ish (as im 6"6 and dont want to look a pratt with a really small amp) and like alot of control over tone... i.e graphic EQ.
if anyone could help me find something [i]preferably[/i] new, 2nd hand or advise me what amps are good to go for in the price range would be well appreciated. :)

No answers yet? :rolleyes:

If it were me I'd probably be looking to buy used. The old Trace Elliot stuff was bullet proof and certainly had plenty of control over the tone on tap. For that kind of money you could probably pick up a complete stack, which should be big enough not to look silly! :)

I've had Trace stuff and loved it so agree with Musky.

I borrowed a Peavy Pro500 which was adorned with many knobs - only used it for one gig though but seemed right enough.

Hartke has served me well - I used a HA200 with a SansAmp RBI for about 6 or 7 years.

Dunno if any of that helps..........

[quote name='bigsmokebass' post='686854' date='Dec 16 2009, 10:57 PM']Basically looking to get a new bass amp (inc cab) or a combo, my budget is about £700-800 and would prefer something big'ish (as im 6"6 and dont want to look a pratt with a really small amp) and like alot of control over tone... i.e graphic EQ.
if anyone could help me find something [i]preferably[/i] new, 2nd hand or advise me what amps are good to go for in the price range would be well appreciated. :)[/quote]What is that in your hands?
We have many gerbils and a Chinchilla. :rolleyes:

[quote name='steve-soar' post='688806' date='Dec 18 2009, 11:45 PM']What is that in your hands?
We have many gerbils and a Chinchilla. :)[/quote]

I've had a standard as well as a beige-carrying-lilac Chinchilla as well as a pair of Degus :rolleyes:

The Chinchillas were my favourites I must admit.

Alas they're all in critter heaven now though.

i love Trace' but not too sure on the old stuff.... will have to look and try before buy. i love the hartke sound but thier old models are starting to look old, well duh, and thier new amp heads SOUND great but look aweful, most boring looking amps ever and haven't alot of tone control =/ thank you all for the support =D

Its a rat, i bathed it and drying it off in the pic haha :) love my rats and terrapins (NEW musk turtle today!!) but god..... i'd love to have a chinchilla, they look awesome and cute! prob will get one after my rats- which i hate to sound morbid about >_< but any down sides to them? i know they are prown to diabeties and live till 30 odd but lemme know =D
ps: bill hicks ftw :rolleyes:

[attachment=38699:_1012591.JPG]
my dumbo bath:
Bisquit, brown with white belly,
Crumble, off white with brown nose (lol)
Charliegh, beige with pink eyes.
only had them a few months but love them to pieces.

[quote name='bigsmokebass' post='686855' date='Dec 16 2009, 10:58 PM']Anyone had the new Fender?[/quote]

I've played through all the Fender TV amps and they sounded good. I felt they were a little overpriced for what they were but then it was only in store so I hadn't really let them warm up. Cool as a cat though. They certainly look the biz.