Why become a member? ×

On Line Courses?

philw

All,

In a somewhat post horse bolting attempt to add some knowledge and structure to my often near random note choices, I've been wondering about taking one of the Berklee bass courses (www.berkleemusic.co.uk/). The jazz one appeals. Any opinions to share? Worth the money or just a waste of it (it'd buy quite a few one-to-one lessons).

Phil

You mean [url="http://www.berkleemusic.com/school/course?course_item_id=10107337&program=bass"]this one[/url]? I remember looking at the Berklee courses and thinking they were seriously overpriced compared to the ones offered on [url="https://www.musicdojo.com/courses/catalog.asp"]Music Dojo[/url], which I've been meaning to try for a while. I haven't actually used either but the syllabus looks much the same- I couldn't see any reason for Berklee to be charging almost a thousand dollars while the Music Dojo courses are about $50?

Music Dojo looks great to me, I've also been thinking about it for a while. Adam Nitti is a top bloke and a great teacher, I'm sure Music Dojo would be a more value for money option, and worth a punt, because you won't loose a fortune if it doesn't float your boat.

I'm in two minds about this one - but I've done the odd course from www.musicianuniversity.com and they weren't too bad all things considered.

I wouldn't 100% recommend them, but I will 100% recommend you at least pay the site a visit.

Edited by Eight