Why become a member? ×

Warwick Corvette $$ NT Bubinga FT - SOLD

Muzz

Edit - SOLD, and on it's way to the Emerald Isle...

Here's my Corvette NT $$ Bubinga, up for trade. It's a maple neck with ekanga (?) veneer stripes and bubinga body wings, and a wenge board. 34" scale, 24 frets. Pickups are passive humbuckers with individual 3-way switching (serial/paraller/single coil) and switched active 2 band EQ. I'm not sure about the weight - my scales are garbage - but I've seen it listed as either 3.8 or 4.6kg. I'd say the lower figure's the more accurate one.

I've never gigged it, so it's in immaculate nick - I can't find a mark on it, and it plays and sounds the way it should: absolutely bloody enormous. It's just I'm having to come to terms with the fact that I'm not a Warwick player. Such a shame, because it's a beautiful bass, but just not me.

Comes with a hard case.

Given the much-mentioned poor timing at the moment for a sale, I'm looking for trades for this, so feel free to PM me with anything you think might be a goer. I'm GASing for a jetglo Rickenbacker, but I'll consider all sorts, preferably four string.

OK, edit to this - I guess I'd take a straight £850 for it, too.

Just a few pictures, but if anyone wants any more, I can take them.

Cheers,

Muzz

Edited by Muzz

[quote name='King Tut' post='683752' date='Dec 14 2009, 10:28 AM']Where are you based Muzz?[/quote]
I'm up in Oldham. Or, as I've just realised, down in Oldham. Or indeed across in Oldham. Depends where you are.

Edited by Muzz

[quote name='Muzz' post='683192' date='Dec 13 2009, 06:23 PM']It's just I'm having to come to terms with the fact that I'm not a Warwick player. Such a shame, because it's a beautiful bass, but just not me.[/quote]

What do you mean when you say that, please?

I tried one of these in a shop and if I had the money right now, I'd bite your hand off.

[quote name='Jacqueslemac' post='689146' date='Dec 19 2009, 03:52 PM']What do you mean when you say that, please?

I tried one of these in a shop and if I had the money right now, I'd bite your hand off.[/quote]

I just don't get on with the neck profile on Warwicks. I thought I would get used to it when I bought this one, but it's been getting less and less use as I'm switching between my Ray and my Overwater, and it's such a nice bass it's a waste sat in its case. As a consequence, it's completely unmarked and criminally underplayed. The sound is immense (huuuuge output), and it's so versatile.

Hey ho. Someone will get a pristine $$ NT, and I'll get to indulge my seemingly ever-present GAS...