Why become a member? ×

Hi There

Malc62

Hi there you guys. Mal here from deepest Surrey!

I'm a bassist of thirty years standing. My first regular bass gig was keepin' it deep for a function band. I'm still with the same band almost twenty years later, but I had to become our keyboard player about six or seven years ago as I noticed that we couldn't seem to keep a keys player for more than about a year and a half. However, despite that (and about fifteen years playing guitar on solo gigs), I've always kept my hand in and I now find myself keener than ever to get back out there as a bassist.

For about fifteen years I've used a Music Man StingRay, and have recently obtained a Fender Jazz Bass which I've modded with EMG pickups (today I bought a Badass II bridge for it). My live rig is a Peavey MegaBass head and MegaBox cab, although I've recenty picked up a Line 6 Bass Pod Pro at a nice price!

Looking forward to some bass-related banter!

Keep it deep

Mal

[quote name='Malc62' post='682690' date='Dec 13 2009, 12:31 AM']Hi there you guys. Mal here from deepest Surrey!

I'm a bassist of thirty years standing. My first regular bass gig was keepin' it deep for a function band. I'm still with the same band almost twenty years later, but I had to become our keyboard player about six or seven years ago as I noticed that we couldn't seem to keep a keys player for more than about a year and a half. However, despite that (and about fifteen years playing guitar on solo gigs), I've always kept my hand in and I now find myself keener than ever to get back out there as a bassist.

For about fifteen years I've used a Music Man StingRay, and have recently obtained a Fender Jazz Bass which I've modded with EMG pickups (today I bought a Badass II bridge for it). My live rig is a Peavey MegaBass head and MegaBox cab, although I've recenty picked up a Line 6 Bass Pod Pro at a nice price!

Looking forward to some bass-related banter!

Keep it deep

Mal[/quote]

Hi Mal. Welcome to Basschat. There's plenty of deep and not so deep talking around here. :)

Ah! You've finally made it here Mal! About time too....

You also sold your Squier to Colin......the chap I bought a high stool from!
Small world but you're moving in the right circles! lol!

Gary

Edited by cetera