Why become a member? ×

No more Neo's...back to the heavyweights!

Raslee

[quote name='alanbass1' post='690585' date='Dec 21 2009, 01:00 PM']I'm another one that used Neo's for a number of years (Epifani UL210's) and have now 'rediscovered' ceramics in the guise of a couple of Bergantino's 112's. Its a bit of an apples and pears comparison, two 2x10's against two 1x12's, but I also tried the Bergantino AE112's against the HT/EX pair I bought - the AE's sounded harsh and less musical in comparison to their Ceramic driver/heavier cab brethren.[/quote]

I have to agree. +1.

The AEs are nice, but didnt have the sheer grunt of the HT/EX ERs I tested.

I wanted to go neo....but its not for me. I do like the Tecamp M212 I have, but im thinking of moving it on soon now the other one has sold in the for sale bit.

I use a markbass LM2 and a neo 15 in a very small lightweight cab for reggae and I thank my lucky stars every time I lift it.
There is a compromise in sound compared to a huge heavy cab, but it's well worth it to me for the weight saving.
I rarely play gigs without a PA, so my rig is only for stage monitoring and most of the onstage bass sound comes from the back of the PA bass bins.

The LM2 is perfect for my reggae sound but I would like to try an Eden amp after your glowing review.

[quote name='redstriper' post='690665' date='Dec 21 2009, 02:39 PM']I use a markbass LM2 and a neo 15 in a very small lightweight cab for reggae and I thank my lucky stars every time I lift it.
There is a compromise in sound compared to a huge heavy cab, but it's well worth it to me for the weight saving.
I rarely play gigs without a PA, so my rig is only for stage monitoring and most of the onstage bass sound comes from the back of the PA bass bins.

The LM2 is perfect for my reggae sound but I would like to try an Eden amp after your glowing review.[/quote]

Look out for an Eden WT400 Traveller Plus, IMHO the best sounding amp they ever made. I have owned the WT800A and WT800B which have both been moved on - but I still have the WT400 which I bought new from the Bass Centre in Wapping back in 2000 - gigged three times a week for years without a glitch and plenty of oomph. Although my main amp is now a Markbass TA501 I would never part with my WT400.

Yeah i've got an Eden WT550 on order, bloody expensive though however it is part funded by a proud in law (recent parenthood as helped alot) :rolleyes: I alone could never afford a new one though!!! But they are bloody good IMO, perhaps not the reliability track record of Markbass stuff though-having said that my WT800A hasn't missed a beat since i've been using it - bloody typical. TBH I did like the Markbass amp alone...i think my sound issues were mainly the Neo 15's. I particularly like the filters on the Markbas and may consider getting the MB filter foot pedal if needed. But the Eden has a coloured sound alone that i really like (and Familyman Barrett!), bit like a vintage car vibe....

Prior to going back to the big cabs i had all the band firmly agree to help with lifting etc for gigs, in fact our drummer is a well built builder who carries the 6x10 on his own (luxury) so.....so far so good.....we're quite lucky too as we have our own studio unit with our gear living there; it is literally a short distance from the unit to the back of the band van thankfully....i guess the acid test for my fellow roadies will be festival season ....:)

Edited by Rasta