Why become a member? ×

Lakland Skyline 55-02

wildman

I think another zero on that price isn't unreasonable as it used to be owned by me, think of the prestige people !

Fantastic bass that plays like butter, it does sound awesome and would suit someone looking for a Fender inspired sound on a more modern instrument.

FWIW it wasn't me that put the screws in !

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='The GroovyPlucker' post='705742' date='Jan 8 2010, 05:02 PM']Hi,

I have a Warwick Corvette Double Buck $$ 5 String I'm looking to sell/trade at the moment,

The GroovyPlucker[/quote]

I had a $$ before this and changed it because the string spacing on the $$ was too narrow.

Sorry about that.

[quote name='Machines' post='681929' date='Dec 12 2009, 09:05 AM']FWIW it wasn't me that put the screws in ![/quote]
Yeah, bit of a shame that ... though a bonus if you're an MM fan I guess (?).

I wonder how much it would cost to fill and try to hide those holes. Would it involve a re-fin ? and how effective would it be ?

Andy

[quote name='BigBeatNut' post='706467' date='Jan 9 2010, 12:30 PM']Yeah, bit of a shame that ... though a bonus if you're an MM fan I guess (?).

I wonder how much it would cost to fill and try to hide those holes. Would it involve a re-fin ? and how effective would it be ?

Andy[/quote]

I think it would be hard to hide them completely without refinishing of some kind. If you are serious, I can find out.

[quote name='wildman' post='709152' date='Jan 11 2010, 06:39 PM']I think it would be hard to hide them completely without refinishing of some kind. If you are serious, I can find out.[/quote]
Sorry ... despite being a Lakie fan, I'm finding it hard to justify another ... so that was mere idle speculation. If I find myself at the bass gallery in the next few days (which is quite likely) I might try and find out and post the answer here for anyone interested.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='wildman' post='681765' date='Dec 11 2009, 10:17 PM']Sold - Thanks[/quote]Hi wildman, just a really quick community 'shout out' to say the bass is exactly as advertised and sounds even better. Real happy we did the deal, thanks for being so genuine! (in my view, a quality that is getting harder to find these days) Hope the gig in Brighton went well. cheers Llew

[quote name='Koolhandsllew' post='725875' date='Jan 26 2010, 11:07 PM']Hi wildman, just a really quick community 'shout out' to say the bass is exactly as advertised and sounds even better. Real happy we did the deal, thanks for being so genuine! (in my view, a quality that is getting harder to find these days) Hope the gig in Brighton went well. cheers Llew[/quote]

Llew,

It was a pleasure to meet and do business with you ! Again a community shout - I have been messed around a lot with this sale and with two other basses too. It was great to find someone totally honest and genuine.

Glad you like the Lakland. The Brighton gig was a barnstormer so that made it a great day for both of us !

In a strange twist, yesterday I was asked to play keys (my first instrument) in a session for an up and coming band (knowing that you are switching back to bass from keys !)

If you want to set up a feedback thread on BC I would be the first to contribute a positive message !

Cheers John