Why become a member? ×

Fender 1979 Precision All Original.++SOLD Pending++

phsycoandy

Almost mint USA P. All original, finish, fittings, bell covers, even serial number matched owners manual. Original cleaning cloth etc..

99% mint bar 1 small ding underneath near the controls, you can just see it in the first picture. No rash.

Fabulous high gloss natural finish which has aged to a dark honey colour which looks stunning.

Plays and sound fabulous, with a huge output. Action set quite low, neck plays great with no issues other than I just can't do P profile necks. Skunk stripe.

Everything checks out, matching serial number in neck pocket, under pick guard, on head and owners manual.

This is [b]NOW £1225[/b] shipped. You won't be dissapointed this is a beautiful bass in supreme condition, I just know I will never play it. Ships in quality new hardcase with just 1 tiny nick.

Edited by phsycoandy

[quote name='Jesso' post='680980' date='Dec 11 2009, 08:54 AM']I'll be the first to ask... how much does it weigh? Lovely bass![/quote]
Well I havent got any digital scales so on my bathroom ones its nearer 10 than 9lbs, cant swear to the accuracy tho! Safe to say it's not a lightweight.

[quote name='Chris Horton' post='688649' date='Dec 18 2009, 07:22 PM']pm 'd from a very nippy Plymouth. Two brass monkeys almost caught frost bite in our street today[/quote]
The cold weather must have killed them moths in your wallet as well! thanks for the PM.

At the risk of being a dreadful pedant.... is that serial number not more like 1980?

Anyhoo... I have a Precision Fretless of very similar vintage and the sound is incredible. Like nothing else - it totally belies (or proves) the simplicity of the design. If only I could play fretless. I would say the price is about right for one in such good condition. About right.. not cheap though :)