Why become a member? ×

HELP ME POWER MY RIG!

TGEvans

[quote name='crez5150' post='677854' date='Dec 8 2009, 01:34 PM']If your sending to FOH why don't you just get them to give you a mix of your bass in the monitors?[/quote]

Because whenever you trust a sound engineer not to screw you, they invariably do. Messing with your tone or not turning you up loud enough in the monitors so it's like miming with your own band. Looking down at your fingers moving and what do you hear? Nothing. Regardless of how much you ask nicely for some changes or get frustrated and and turn yourself up, they just turn you down by more. You can't win.

That's why I gave up using just a pod XT when I went out live. Despite how convenient it was, I just got tired of sound engineers messing with my tone or not being able to hear myself. Why spend a bit of time getting a tone that would tear the head off a thick necked rhino when the sound guy thinks, "Ooh, I don't like that. Not very conventional. Let's tear all the treble and mid off and turn the bass up." In other words, it sounds like a wet fart and everything above E on the A string is inauduble. Sod that. That actually happened to me and after a few more incidents like that (frequency pans DURING songs being the best example - banjo sound to fretless in 2 minutes!!) I got tooled up with my own small stack.

My advice echoes Stylon's - Get a power amp.