Why become a member? ×

Anyone ever played in a Bon Jovi tribute?

Jamesemt

+1 to Bon Jovi being a ton of fun to cover. We do Livin' On A Prayer and Wanted Dead or Alive and they're both great.

I wish we were back in the days when rock n roll was silly, irreverent, sweaty and joyous*. Too many tortured "artists" worrying about if their angsty emo-dirge correctly reflects the sorrow and misery of their lives. Give me Lay Your Hand On Me any day of the week.

* Oh sh!t, that was the 80's. Nevermind, disregard the whole post

when bon jovi played gateshead stadium sometime back in the 90's (?) they were so loud i could hear them from my house about 2 miles away...

so i got out my bass and played along...

now i can say that i've jammed with bon jovi, but they didn't know it at the time :)

good luck with the band

[quote name='Sibob' post='677045' date='Dec 7 2009, 07:27 PM']James Crofts (Shuker Endorsee last I checked) used to play for Bon Giovi. They've done loads of Euro tours and big gigs in the UK etc.

Not sure if he's on here, met him a while ago, but didn't stay in contact!
Si[/quote]
He still was last summer - was speaking to him after they played the Farmyard Party (big bike rally)! Nice guy and a really good band.......

• 3 months later...

[quote name='peteb' post='690057' date='Dec 20 2009, 08:25 PM']He still was last summer - was speaking to him after they played the Farmyard Party (big bike rally)! Nice guy and a really good band.......[/quote]
I was but not no more after all most 10 years i left bon giovi last year.

Now working with Rocky Shades ex Wrathchild, ABBA FEVER, ABBA GENERATION, ABBA GOLD, session work and teaching.
Nice to see my name come up on a few posts on here!

Keep Rocking

JC

OK all you JBJ lovers, time for a quick straw poll.

If you were looking for a Bon Jovi number to cover, would Sleep When I'm Dead be on the list? Someone in the band suggested we have a crack at it, but I think it's one of the more obscure songs and less likely to get a reaction from non-JBJ fans than some of the more well known songs.