Why become a member? ×

Can someone post a close up image of a BC Rich Vintage R logo from a bass please?

coffee_king

[quote name='Lorne' post='676098' date='Dec 6 2009, 08:24 PM']Why?

And also,what year,there are several "R's"[/quote]
Hi again Lorne!
I finally managed to get myself a cheap Mockingbird (for reasons we discussed that I would like to remain hush-hush for the moment) that needs spraying a different colour and vintagefying up until I can get the exact Eagle or Mockingbird that I need.
It would be the nearest thing to the logo off an 84 (or very late 70's early eighties) handcrafted edition.
If you can help then that would be great as I know you have plenty of vintage BCs.

thanks
Shippo

Hey
It aint going up for sale, its going to be used live on stage in a tribute band that I am being so anal about I really do care what the logo is on the headstock and also to respray the bass as well (If only all bassists in tribute bands were this into the stage show!)
If someone has a late 70's early 80's black mockingbird vintage handcrafted bass they would like to donate or sell me for next to nothing then I'll gladly play that on stage instead, but while I cant find one this is the only solution. Unless anyone has another idea?
Thanks for your continued assistance.

Regards
Shippo

[quote name='shippo' post='677193' date='Dec 7 2009, 09:03 PM']Hey
It aint going up for sale, its going to be used live on stage in a tribute band that I am being so anal about I really do care what the logo is on the headstock and also to respray the bass as well (If only all bassists in tribute bands were this into the stage show!)
If someone has a late 70's early 80's black mockingbird vintage handcrafted bass they would like to donate or sell me for next to nothing then I'll gladly play that on stage instead, but while I cant find one this is the only solution. Unless anyone has another idea?
Thanks for your continued assistance.

Regards
Shippo[/quote]

If you were that anal about the logo then you would have at least gone out and got a Neck thru. Very few BCRS from that era were bolt on. I agree with Lorne on this one.

[quote name='Shockwave' post='677221' date='Dec 7 2009, 09:17 PM']If you were that anal about the logo then you would have at least gone out and got a Neck thru. Very few BCRS from that era were bolt on. I agree with Lorne on this one.[/quote]
Hi Shockwave,
Thanks for your comments , but in my mind I thought it better to refinish a cheap BC Rich to make it look the way I NEED it to look than to B*STARDISE a lovely expensive through neck model. Don't you think this makes sense?
Why would you refinish something that looks like this?

[url="http://www.giggear.co.uk/p/BC-Rich-Mockingbird-Heritage-Classic-Bass/"]http://www.giggear.co.uk/p/BC-Rich-Mocking...e-Classic-Bass/[/url]

Surely that would be sacrilegious?

Once again thanking you for your continued support.
Shippo

[quote name='shippo' post='677470' date='Dec 8 2009, 08:17 AM']Hi Shockwave,
Thanks for your comments , but in my mind I thought it better to refinish a cheap BC Rich to make it look the way I NEED it to look than to B*STARDISE a lovely expensive through neck model. Don't you think this makes sense?
Why would you refinish something that looks like this?

[url="http://www.giggear.co.uk/p/BC-Rich-Mockingbird-Heritage-Classic-Bass/"]http://www.giggear.co.uk/p/BC-Rich-Mocking...e-Classic-Bass/[/url]

Surely that would be sacrilegious?

Once again thanking you for your continued support.
Shippo[/quote]
The one you've attached a link to isn't "a lovely expensive neck through model", it's just one of the import lines. As such I'd have no qualms about hacking it to bits.
Refinishing a 70s Short horn Mockingbird - now THAT would be sacrilegious! :)

[quote name='RhysP' post='677629' date='Dec 8 2009, 10:56 AM']The one you've attached a link to isn't "a lovely expensive neck through model", it's just one of the import lines. As such I'd have no qualms about hacking it to bits.
Refinishing a 70s Short horn Mockingbird - now THAT would be sacrilegious! :)[/quote]
Hi
As far as I'm aware this is the ONLY type of Mockingbird bass you can currently buy new and I wouldnt want to refinish a brand new guitar, that would just be crazy!
Not to worry though I now have the logo I needed through searching the internet and have just redrawn it as a vector image.
I'll host an copy of the logo here when its perfect for anyone to use.

Thanks for all your help everyone
Shippo