Why become a member? ×

FS/FT Valenti 5-string, #11

nobodysprefect

formely cgordonfreeman's. [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=55013&"]thread[/url]

I got this in trade but since I'm going all 6-string... There's a really slick jazz tone in this bass, and in humbucking mode does P-tones well enough, I think. Should be great for someone who needs traditional tones with extra oomph available (not mandatory by any means!) from the Aguilar pre-amp, which is known for it's transparency.

Fit and finish are incredible. Let me say that again. Godlessness.
/alanmoore

Here are some people discussing Nino's work:
[url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=432326&"]TalkBass thread on Valenti basses[/url]

Anyways, this thing can do many conventional tones, is VERY easy to play and is light and balances well and and and - oh it's made in USA. I personally think it combines many of the best features of a jazz with those of P or StingRay. For my personal use I'd add a mid with sweep for the ultimate in Leo-land coverage. Comes with a hard case.
It's in the same condition as in cgordonfreeman's thread, BUT it now also has a small ding on top of the headstock, shown in pic.

This is now on sale for [i]1000 pounds, shipped[/i] to Europe. Or a partial trade for a Stingray? (5 preferred) As you can see below, the former owners have regarded the bass highly.

Edited by nobody's prefect

[quote name='nobody's prefect' post='674118' date='Dec 4 2009, 01:12 PM']formely cgordonfreeman's. [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=55013&"]thread[/url]

I got this in trade but since I'm going all 6-string... There's a really slick jazz tone in this bass, and in humbucking mode does P-tones well enough, I think. Should be great for someone who needs traditional tones with extra oomph available (not mandatory by any means!) from the Aguilar pre-amp, which is known for it's transparency.

Fit and finish are incredible. Let me say that again. Godlessness.
/alanmoore

Anyways, this thing can do many conventional tones, is VERY easy to play and is light and balances well and and and - oh it's made in USA. I personally think it combines many of the best features of a jazz with those of P or StingRay. For my personal use I'd add a mid with sweep for the ultimate in Leo-land coverage. Comes with a hard case.
It's in the same condition as in cgordonfreeman's thread, BUT it now also has a small ding on top of the headstock, shown in pic.

It's also listed for sale at TB, and I'm asking EUR1200 or nearest offer... Would also trade for a Stingray +some cash.

[/quote]

ooooooh, pretty :rolleyes:

also, I like the sig :)

I traded the Noguera YC6 for this + some cash, which in hindsight was a mistake, listening to the tracks we cut for the CD that's coming out next Sunday. But that bass would've needed a new bridge, pre-amp and neck pocket work or a real wood shim to work to my preferences and that's some 300-400 pounds worth of luthiery we're talking about, and I'm in the process of buying back my Skjold fretted 6 despite it having a natural maple top + singlecut body which is a combo that doesn't work for me - I'll just have to wear my sunglasses. So I can be cool. Coz that the law.

Thanks for the appreciation of the sig :)

Anyways, about this bass: like I said, it's a terrific traditional sort of bass. *I* think it's easily better than the metro I traded locally. If I were still a working bassist who does cover gigs for 90% of my income, this would be a strong contender: it's light, it's versatile, it can come reasonably close to the J, P and MM tones in the hits we used to cover at the flick of a switch, the single coil and humbucking modes don't have wildly different output levels, it doesn't cost several thousands to replace if it's stolen, it doesn't look like a hippie sandwich etc... For ex, my BN6 couldn't be used in both single coil and humbucking modes without a pedal to adjust for differing output levels. And it didn't do a P tone at all. And it looks really wild when the guitarist has a white strat, the drummer has blue sparkly Gretsch or a white Pearl set and the bassist has a natural enhanced grain spikey thing. Jarring, to put it mildly!

edit:

I think it should be said that the Noguera was not a crap bass or anything - I'd not have said it was good if it weren't! My preferences are somewhat particular, since I have VERY light technique and I prefer a WIDE tone, like a Spector, Skjold or Roscoe has. I aspire to sound like Melvin Davis on Lee Ritenour's Live in LA record. (not that I succeed!!! haha)

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='677653' date='Dec 8 2009, 01:10 PM']I did pretty much my entire first album with this bass, I'm just not a fan of green but believe me this bass is AMAZING, the tonal options are second to none.

Personally I put Valenti's up there with USA Laklands and Sadowskys in terms of quality[/quote]

Thanks for the praise!

edit: removed stupid rant.