Why become a member? ×

Mesa Big Block 750 for sale NEW PRICE

spacebeer

I am offering up for sale my US Mesa big block 750. Technical 100% optical it's visually used but in decent+ condition. It comes with a heavy pro step down transformer which is in really good shape.
Amp sounds absolutely stunning and is pretty hard to find (ans expensive!!) in Europe. Reason for sale is the fact I use my EBS Fafner more because it's easier to handle.

It's a beast of an amp, basically two channel with killer tube grind/overdrive at the touch of a push/pull button, check all the tech stuff here:

[url="http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Bass_Amps/bigblock/bigblock.htm"]http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Bas...ck/bigblock.htm[/url]

Price 695 GBP shipped in the European union.

Edited by spacebeer

[quote name='theozzy' post='672486' date='Dec 2 2009, 09:05 PM']....But folks help me out please, where could I take the amp to get the internal transformer changed?....[/quote]
Why would you need to? With a step down transformer you don't need to spend any more money!

[quote name='chris_b' post='672724' date='Dec 3 2009, 12:37 AM']Why would you need to? With a step down transformer you don't need to spend any more money![/quote]

I used to do this with my old BB750 too. It was an american model of As I Lay Dying fame. Anyhoo apart from the fact the step down transformer cost me a hell of a lot of money (around £250 mark IIRC) it weighed a bloody tonne and the power it required used to blow venue fuses on a regular basis. Part of the reason I got rid of mine. I loved the tone but couldn't be arsed with it anymore. It paired wonderfully with my Epifanis. Good times :) .

Anyhoo, the internal modification can most definitely be done. I found two techs who were willing to do it. I just can't for the life of me find their details. But that said, it can be done, and IIRC the quote I got given was for around £300-400. So a bit more than the transformer but worth it to avoid hassle. That aside though we haven't even established if it would require this yet would we?

To the OP - would this mod need doing?

Wonderful wonderful amp, whoever gets this won't be sorry :rolleyes:

Anyhoo, after giving into temptation and watching the entire Back to the Future series in a row (damn you sky anytime!) I really should go to bed. Work in 4 hours, woop! :lol: night x

Edited by ashevans09

Thanks for the answers - pretty pricey then. I would want it doing because I also couldn't be bothered lugging around the transformer.

Spacebeer, how old is the head, as i see it is a newer model? Has it been gigged much? And how come there is quite a bit of wear on the front panel (decals quite worn etc.)? cheers, joe.

Well it's the exact head I bought from ashevans09 so his reply should answer most of your questions. It was supposedly owned by the guy from As I Lay Dying and I bet it seen it's fair share of use. But like all Mesa gear it's built bomb proof and is absolutely fully functional.

[quote name='spacebeer' post='672932' date='Dec 3 2009, 10:29 AM']Well it's the exact head I bought from ashevans09 so his reply should answer most of your questions. It was supposedly owned by the guy from As I Lay Dying and I bet it seen it's fair share of use. But like all Mesa gear it's built bomb proof and is absolutely fully functional.[/quote]

This one was mine?

Of course! :)

• 1 year later...