Why become a member? ×

Musicman 65 watt guitar combo for sale

I am selling my Musicman combo - Model number is 112 RD 65.
This means its a 1x12 inch speaker combo with footswitchable reverb and distortion , output 65 watts!

The design is a hybrid - valve power amp (2 x EL34's) with a transistor preamp.
This makes for typical Fender-y clean tones, with the addition of the distortion facility as well.

I believe it dates from 1979, and was obviously intended to compete with Fender's own range of guitar combos
such as the Twin and Pro Reverb. Musicman amp users have included Eric Clapton, Albert Lee,James Burton and Mark Knopfler etc.

Mine is in excellent condition for a 30 year old bit of kit, having just had an extensive service. ( The footswitch for the reverb and distortion is a Marshall model, the original MM one having been mislaid.) Its quite light (47lbs) and compact too.

This is a great USA built combo, which will almost certainly appreciate over the coming years - they are getting harder to find,
especially in good order.

NOW SOLD - (via Gumtree), but thanks to all basschatters for their interest.

Edited by casapete

You'd think a s/s pre / valve power set up would be plain wrong, but our guitarist has late '70's Peavey Deuce with the same arrangement and it sound excellent - very Fender Twin as you say.
Great price for a rare bit of kit, if I hadn't recently acquired an AC30 I'd have had this. Bump! :)

[quote name='Shaggy' post='669753' date='Nov 30 2009, 08:42 AM']You'd think a s/s pre / valve power set up would be plain wrong, but our guitarist has late '70's Peavey Deuce with the same arrangement and it sound excellent - very Fender Twin as you say.
Great price for a rare bit of kit, if I hadn't recently acquired an AC30 I'd have had this. Bump! :)[/quote]

Nice one, cheers.
Its a great amp, sounds ace with a Tubescreamer in front too!

i've got the 100watt model.

Worth replacing the stock speaker if it's one of the Big magnet bass heavy ones, but they are an awesome amp.

Used a lot in the 80's for bbc session work, built like a tank and make a fantastic sound.

Bloody loud too.

Best of luck with the sale. Whoever buys this won't be disappointed, much better value for money than fender/vox/marhsall amps :)

[quote name='bumfrog' post='671193' date='Dec 1 2009, 03:35 PM']i've got the 100watt model.

Worth replacing the stock speaker if it's one of the Big magnet bass heavy ones, but they are an awesome amp.

Used a lot in the 80's for bbc session work, built like a tank and make a fantastic sound.

Bloody loud too.

Best of luck with the sale. Whoever buys this won't be disappointed, much better value for money than fender/vox/marhsall amps :)[/quote]

Cheers mate.

Bump to the top!