Why become a member? ×

Sunn Colosseum 300,

cd_david

[quote name='cd_david' post='667643' date='Nov 27 2009, 06:08 PM']Anyone got any experience or advice?

I have been offered one but the compressor doesnt work. Is there anything to be wary of and what is the current going rate?

Cheers

Dave[/quote]
in the uk? how much are they asking i'd love to get my hands on one there great for sludge etc.

I had the 200 watt Sunn concert bass in the 70's (Colosseum's little brother), it's was good at that time. It's solid state, the colosseum is 320 watts I think. Entwistle used quite a few of them, I had the pleasure of hearing them in 76. That's why I blew my student grant on the Concert bass. Not a lot of low end, I ended up using an MXR graphic eq in the fx loop to get some low end. Eventually a Cerwin Vega bin got that bottom out of it....they called me "megawatt" in the band, it was loud at thet time. I would think a Colosseum now would require some TLC......it's getting on a bit in years.

Iain H

Thanks for the input gents, Its the solid state one and its in the UK if they go for around 300 then it could be worth a buy and then repair the compressor. Will post some pics if i can borrow it off the lad. If i dont go for it i will out the owners details up for anyone interested.

Cheers

Dave