Why become a member? ×

Digitech Whammy Power Supply

thumbo

Where's the best place to acquire a replacement power supply for a Digitech Whammy? I've had a search on the forum but couldn't see anything. I imagine this is quite a popular question since Digitech have been so awkward in making a power supply specifically for this pedal.

Ed

Ugh, no. I had a Maplins one. It was massive, heavy, took up space on my pedalboard and introduced LOADS of noise.

effectspowersupplies have one which is smaller, cheap enough, doesn't take up too much room (it's a wall wart, but not a massive one), doesn't weigh a ton, and isn't noisy. Get that.

[quote name='Finbar' post='666251' date='Nov 26 2009, 02:16 PM']Ugh, no. I had a Maplins one. It was massive, heavy, took up space on my pedalboard and introduced LOADS of noise.

effectspowersupplies have one which is smaller, cheap enough, doesn't take up too much room (it's a wall wart, but not a massive one), doesn't weigh a ton, and isn't noisy. Get that.[/quote]
True, its quite large, but no noise whatsoever...either you had a dodgy one, or it was something else (i used one with a wh1, in a 15 pedal board)

I repeat, very good supply, and currently use it for my Mesa pedal, to great effect :) and yes mate, thats the one

[quote name='Kev' post='666365' date='Nov 26 2009, 03:48 PM']True, its quite large, but no noise whatsoever...either you had a dodgy one, or it was something else (i used one with a wh1, in a 15 pedal board)[/quote]

I had that exact one with my whammy. No noise at all...pretty big though :).

[quote name='thumbo' post='666773' date='Nov 26 2009, 09:39 PM']The Maplin one sounds ideal, but it's not gonna do that annoying thing where you can't really plug things in next to it on a 4-way is it? That would be a problem![/quote]
Iv never had a full 5-way before, so the problem has never arose for me, but yes you'll have trouble having plugs either side of it.