Why become a member? ×

Mr Big Budokan DVD

DaveSetchfield

This is a pretty anoraky question/comment I admit, perhaps that's why it received no response on Mr Big and Racer X forums. I'll try my luck here: Has anyone else noticed that Billy Sheehan doesn't play a single pinch harmonic on the Budokan DVD? (Please correct me if I'm wrong.) This is [u]extremely[/u] unusual for him. I suspect he may have been having fingernail problems.

Maybe he just didn't play any pinched harmonics because he
didn't want or need to.Just because he does(did?)it a lot doesn't mean he has to
keep doing it.
I doubt it was a fingernail problem-probably 'maturity'(for lack of a better
word)

Well, I guess SuperGlue is a suitable fix for the problem lol. SuperGlue was used in the errmmm Vietnam(?? not sure) War to glue soldier's open wounds back together! - I hope he is using the stuff which is safe for using on the skin!

[quote name='Jase' post='668861' date='Nov 29 2009, 01:52 AM'][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5DFt8Gf_24"]Billy superglues his fingernails![/url] :)[/quote]

Great comment on there: "all bassists keep trimming their nails all the way and as often as possible - otherwise they would fly off just after few gigs. It must be in something else - i guess it can be just from very long term (like 30 yrs) hard pressure on the fingertips.."

:rolleyes: