Why become a member? ×

NEW FLEA BASS, ORANGE WITH YELLOW GUARD :)

tom1946

Well now here is a lovely Orange Fleabass, brand new in its gigbag. Bought it for a laugh and to use in church to brighten up these dismal winter mornings.
BUT... my wife said she will brighten up MY sunday mornings if I take it. I don't think she means in a nice way though. :lol
So it's up for sale.
Spec:

striking bass from Flea himself.

The Model 32 bass from Flea Bass, designed to Flea's own specifications, is professionally set up and tested by technicians to deliver excellent sustain and rich tone. Its solid alder body's dual cutaways make for easy access to the higher frets, and its chrome bridge/tailpiece is fully adjustable. The Model 32's solid maple neck with rosewood fingerboard has a smooth satin finish for superb playability. To seal the deal, the matching headstock features Flea's autograph and signature doodles.

Flea Bass Model 32 Bass Features:

* 34" scale, 20-fret electric bass
* Professionally set up by technicians to meet Flea's specs
* Alder body
* Maple neck with rosewood fingerboard
* Adjustable chrome bridge/tailpiece
* Matching headstock with Flea's autograph and signature doodles

Flea Bass Model 32 Bass Includes:

GIGBAG.

I paid 350 for it, you can bur the blue one on ebay for £297 so I'd like £260 for it if anyone's interested. Not really going to take less for it.

Thanks for reading.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='665677' date='Nov 25 2009, 10:24 PM']I thought the conclusion was he didn't, but I'm a little stupid so will stand corrected.

That guy is my new hero though.[/quote]

He did, if you search him on youtube there is a comparison video between the original and the EMG. He may have gone back to the original, but he certainly did have an EMG in there at some point.

*EDIT*
Here it is..

Edited by TRadford

The original cleary sounds better to my ears. It sounds bit squashed compared to the EMG but I still prefer it. Good luck with the sale.

If you're into EMGs then I've got a pair of 35 DCs for sale in the 'other musically related stuff' forum.

Edited by Aharon

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='665231' date='Nov 25 2009, 03:55 PM']If you haven't seen this, here's a Fleabass in action.

[/quote]

Wow! I just sat and watched that transfixed. Even my bloody Stingray doesn't make a sound like that. I think he must have been digging in until his fingers bled though!

[quote name='Pete Academy' post='667161' date='Nov 27 2009, 10:49 AM']Hang on, weren't people knocking this bass a couple of weeks' ago? :)[/quote]

I was making comments based on it's retail price Vs what Flea said he was trying to do all over teh publicity and website - "a cheap but good bass for beginners"
I've played one and it's an OK bass. Rather P bass like but, in my 10 minutes on it at the Gallery, not sugnificantly better than a VMJ which is a lot cheaper and not as "different" looking.

Here's a shortscale in action . I like the follow score on the vid ..