Why become a member? ×

Replacing pre-amp in EUB

oldslapper

I did a search on the forum for this topic, but it wouldn't give me a result, so apologies if I'm going over old ground.
Having bought an EUB recently I would like to replace the exsisting pre amp.
The bass is a solid (not chambered) body, looks like a Palantino, but solid body.
Having just had it "tweaked" by local luthier who did my acoustic upright, it now plays great and sounds quite nice. However as it's my first venture into EUB I didn't spend a lot (£550), if I don't get on with the skinny version, I can always use it to hang my coat on.
The current eq has CD input, headphone output and mini jack line out. I'm not that fussed about the headphone or CD facility and I'm finding it difficult to source a good quality right angled mono mini jack to 1/4" jack lead.
The pickup band under the bridge (standard) has a very even distribution which I'm happy about, but I would really like to change the eq unit. Anyone got any experience of doing this and what did you change to?
Anyway I'm gigging it in Salisbury on saturday night for first time and looking forward to it (in particular getting in and out of the car/venue more easily than the beasty acoustic).
Thanks for any input you guys can offer,
J

I used to have a Dean Pace EUB which doesn't have any EQ & I used to use it with a Behringer ADI21 acoustic preamp pedal which is cheap as chips and made the pace sound much smoother and richer. I would think that OBBM would be able to sort you out with the correct cable.

Edited by Jean-Luc Pickguard

[quote name='velvetkevorkian' post='660543' date='Nov 20 2009, 08:58 PM']He's a [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showuser=12"]forum member[/url] who makes cables, supposed to be very high quality although I've not tried them myself. :)[/quote]
Ok thanks, I'll check him out. John