Why become a member? ×

QSC PLX1804 power amp - price drop 14/12/09

Finbar

Selling my QSC power amp, because my pre/power days are now behind me as I move back to valve head territory!

The blurb from the QSC site:

"The compact PLX1804 brings the same performance and technology as the rest of the PLX2 Series, plus even greater value, to applications that don't require bridged or 2 ohm operation. Designed to power one or two speakers from each amplifier channel (4 ohm minimum loading), this model offer a simplified feature set while retaining genuine, uncompromised PLX performance and technology. Weighing just 13 pounds (5.9 kg), the "plug-and-play" PLX1804 is perfect for ultra-portable rigs, as well as reference-quality playback."

Good brand rep, reliable kit, racked all of its life. It was nearly new when I got it, and I've taken it to maybe a dozen gigs maximum. There are a few scratches on the top/bottom from being put into a rack and taken out, and from other rack gear scraping against it when I've been fixing things together. Apart from that it's absolutely fine! The thing pushes out two channels of 900W power. If your cabs take it, you'll have headroom for days. Pair it with a nice valve pre, and you'll be set! Am in a massive rush at the moment with gigs, so will update with photos as soon as I can.

Looking for £350 plus shipping for it, dropped from the original £400. Courier of your choice. These are nearly £700 new, so you're looking at roughly half retail price for a very good condition amp!

EDIT: Big thanks to Jobiebass for lending me his amp in the downtime between selling this and actually taking delivery of my GT200. Means I can sell this outright as soon as someone possibly decides they would like it :)

No trades, need the money!

Cheers,

Chris

Edited by Finbar

Bump!

Hopefully photos of my specific amp tomorrow.

Just to add, it's really shallow for a high output power amp, so it should fit in most shallow cases :)

I'll chuck in a free OBBM speakon lead for the buyer too - can't say fairer than that!

Edited by Finbar

Thanks Sharkfinger :)

Here's a few photos I took yesterday. My camera isn't the greatest, but this is what it looks like!

Front:

Rear:

The only thing I'd really regard as damage in anyway is this massively insignificant, tiny shallow scratch in the paintwork on the bottom of the amp:

Yes.

You can run it in parallel mode by patching two of the inputs on the rear of the amp. The procedure is outlined on page 7 of the manual - can be found on the QSC website.

Or I suppose you could take your mono signal, and use a splitter to run both signals simultaneously, one into each input, while still using it in stereo operation. Doesn't make much sense if you're not using two different source signals though when the parallel mode is much more user friendly :)

Doesn't do bridge mono, but that's not what you asked about!

Edited by Finbar

I don't know what people consider noisy and not for poweramps really, so Steve's comparison with the Crown is going to be of more use than mine. All I can say is that it isn't 100% silent, but it depends if you're massively bothered about that, because otherwise I don't think you'll find a single amp with a fan which is always on that you'll be happy with?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Really meant to update this earlier, completely slipped my mind :) Sorry to anyone who's been misled by me not getting round to it! I part ex-d it against my Matamp so no, I no longer have it. Waited ages and nobody would take it, so I took a hit on the part ex, then everyone wants it as soon as it's gone! Typical eh :rolleyes: