Why become a member? ×

Cheapo Fretless

Bass_In_Yer_Face

I have a P copy that I put a fretless neck and flats on, sounds okay and plays well. If I had known before the weekend I could have dropped it off at my son's at Crawley for you to pickup.

If you are interested I can probably get it down there in a couple of weeks, and if you try it and like it you can make me an offer, I only want to cover the cost of the neck and strings.

Steve

I recently got a Tanglewood Rebel fretless on ebay for £23 delivered, it needed some work removing all the stickers, de-rusting the bridge and adjusting the truss rod and action.
It plays and sounds lovely now with used TI flats which cost £15 from this forum.
it's the lightest weight bass I've ever played with a jazz like neck and unlined rosewood fingerboard.
I only use the P pup because the bridge jazz one just sounds wrong to me, but you'd get more mwah with the bridge pup and roundwounds.
Another one to look out for is the Squier VMJ fretless, which I've heard good things about, but not tried for myself.