Why become a member? ×

What strap can 'cure' neck dive?

Moos3h

Hi all,

Need to find a nice wide strap that will cure neck dive. My current bass has 'arse in the air' tendencies and it's getting on my moobs.

Don't mind if it's leather or not, but the one I have at the mo is 3.5" leather and quite shiny so doesn't help matters.

Cheers!
James

Best bet is to move or fit another strap pin to allow the body end to hang slighly lower,a rough guide try moving the bottom pin by 70mm.If you have three hands or someone to hold the bass while its around your neck you can get a better idea of where to fit the pin by holding the free end of the strap against the body of your bass ,Works for me ,mike b.

The strap button moving will give you some mileage for sure... If you are up for putting another hole in the bass. Sometimes a neck heavy bass is just a neck heavy bass regardless what you do.. A short top horn will never help this either..

Re straps. Leather is shiny so won't help the bass staying put. A strap called a Comfort Strapp is neoprene a really comfy once you get used to the stretchyness... It grips the shoulder pretty well so might help keep the bass in one place. The Gallery sell them if you fancy a go.

Levy's leathers make a suede strap that excellent for this. May not cure severe imbalance but certainly helped with one recent bass I bought that had neck dive tendencies.

You can get them online too ... my last one was from soundslive.co.uk, though google shopping may turn up other possibilities.

Andy