Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

***Lakland 44-02 with maple neck in 3TS***

erisu

[quote name='karlthebassist' post='643923' date='Nov 2 2009, 09:54 PM']This is like EXACTLY the bass I need. Also need another £800 :)[/quote]

*does the come here index finger movement* you know you want it... you know you can't resist :lol:

Thanks for the comment OutToPlayJazz. Truely is an amazing bass! i initially wanted the Cherryburst finish as I didn't like the finish on the 3TS when I saw them online but Lakland said I have to wait 6 months for a Cherryburst finish :rolleyes: So I decided to bite the bullet and go for 3TS and oh boy! I didn't regret it! Looks 1000% better (yes 1000!) in person! Too bad there's too much to fiddle around with on this beast :lol:

[quote name='Hutton' post='644128' date='Nov 3 2009, 08:54 AM']If you sell why not have a look at THE active Jazz that is for sale on these fine pages.[/quote]

There are some really nice looking jazz basses on this forum that I'd love to get my hands but I've decided to go down the edwards route (sub-brand of ESP Japan) :)

Oh and just to let you all know, I have sold two basses here before (check my thread on my Ibanez SR505 and BTB405) and both basses have been well received :rolleyes: Ideally I prefer a collection to save the 'middleman' :lol:

Edited by erisu

In my opinion this bass beats a Jazz any day. You're going to loose quite a lot of money on this so it's a shame that you don't get on with it and feel intimidated by the options...... you shouldn't be. I let myself get scared by the EQ options on an Eden WT amp once. I didn’t realise that “flat” can be the best way. I’ll always regret not buying that amp, so my advice is just because you can change something doesn't mean that you should. I run my Lakland flat with a small amount (2 clicks) of bass added. It doesn't need any more tweaking than that!

[quote name='chris_b' post='644215' date='Nov 3 2009, 10:35 AM']it's a shame that you don't get on with it and feel intimidated by the options...... you shouldn't be. I let myself get scared by the EQ options on an Eden WT amp once. I didn’t realise that “flat” can be the best way.[/quote]

Very wise words! I've found the same with my Shuker. Set everything flat (which is a great sound in itself) then just tweak a bit from there.

I love the sunburst on this - fantastic looking bass. Good luck with the sale!

[quote name='chris_b' post='644215' date='Nov 3 2009, 10:35 AM']In my opinion this bass beats a Jazz any day. You're going to loose quite a lot of money on this so it's a shame that you don't get on with it and feel intimidated by the options...... you shouldn't be. I let myself get scared by the EQ options on an Eden WT amp once. I didn’t realise that “flat” can be the best way. I’ll always regret not buying that amp, so my advice is just because you can change something doesn't mean that you should. I run my Lakland flat with a small amount (2 clicks) of bass added. It doesn't need any more tweaking than that![/quote]

I know and I'm prepared to let it go for a jazz bass. Hopefully I wouldn't have to add additional £££ to fund the jazz bass so it'll pretty much be a direct swap I hope :) I've tried the flat option and then tweaking here and there (as Simon1964 mentioned) but there's just something lacking from the jazz basses I've played... it's just something about Lakland tone that get's me all worked up when trying to find exactly something I like. I've played jazz basses and I can get what I want no problem, but with the Lakland I have to do that extra mile :rolleyes: I'm not knocking the capabilities of the Lakland, just that it's not my cup of tea after all unfortunately *sobs* Maybe it's the pickups? Maybe it's the pre-amp? I just don't know what it is but I just feel more comfortable with a jazz imo :lol:

Bumping... I'm willing to offer split payments as I understand £850 is alot of money to payout in one go (and the fact that Christmas is soon too). Not sure how to do this with whoever is interested but if you have a suggestion, let me know :)

I am now no longer accepting trades unfortunately.

Edited by erisu

Wednesday bump :rolleyes: No interest at all? *sobs* Once again it's totally mint... it's just been sitting in my Ibanez double bass gig bag and I haven't touched it since I took photo's of the bass for this thread... such a waste really as I play my other bass more and im awaiting delivery for Squier Affinity bass for a mod project so the Lakland will spend even more time sitting in the gig bag :)

£800 ONO and will take split payments? Anyone? Maybe since we are a month away from X-mas everyone is doing their £££ X-mas shopping?

[quote name='erisu' post='664868' date='Nov 25 2009, 11:31 AM']No interests? :rolleyes: I forgot to mention the bass comes with the usual allen key's too :lol:

bumping for interests hopefully *sobs* Is the price too high or just simply bad timing? :)[/quote]

Hi erisu, I have a simplistic view of selling basses and the prices people ask for them. You can sell anything on here if the price is right, if it doesn't sell the price isn't right.

This is a cracking bass and I'd really love to own it myself - I'm sure it's worth every penny but with things being the way they are, if you want to sell it, you have to pitch it at the right price.

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='664902' date='Nov 25 2009, 11:52 AM']Hi erisu, I have a simplistic view of selling basses and the prices people ask for them. You can sell anything on here if the price is right, if it doesn't sell the price isn't right.

This is a cracking bass and I'd really love to own it myself - I'm sure it's worth every penny but with things being the way they are, if you want to sell it, you have to pitch it at the right price.[/quote]

Cheers for the reply and a constructive reply from the nice guy :rolleyes:

Hmmm yeh I have thought about it being close to the x-mas spendage and the way the economy is at the moment. I've done some research on how much 44-02's in the past went for as well. Taking into considerations of the condition and the length of time I've owned the bass. £800 ONO seems right and remember... there is the [b]ONO[/b] incentive and I'm willing to accept split payments as well (no idea how this will work so if you have any ideas, PM me) so hit me up with anything around that price and you never know if im in a good mood, I may let it go for your offering :lol:

The bass is still sitting in a gig bag these days :)

Edited by erisu

Price has dropped to £750 now and this really is the final price drop I can do unfortunately :) As you might be aware, the VAT will be increasing back to 17.5% next year so ideally I'd like to sell this bass and import the bass I want to get from Japan before the VAT is increased.

Thanks all! :rolleyes:

A bump for the evening

I updated and shortened the OT. Also check out some reviews for the 44-02 for those who are not familiar with this bass:

[url="http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Electric+Bass/product/Lakland/44-02+Skyline/10/1"]http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews...02+Skyline/10/1[/url]

:)