Why become a member? ×

Westone Thunder 1A Bridge

von Braun

[quote name='von Braun' post='642304' date='Nov 1 2009, 07:49 AM']Has anyone ever swapped out the bridge on a Westone Thunder 1A?

The original bridge isn't bad but I think the bass would suit something a bit meatier.[/quote]

I own a Westone Raider 1. Same Bridge as yours. By the looks of things (though I've not measured it) A BadAss II might be a good enough fit. The only reason I'd want to change it is because the brass has tarnished heavily over the years from sweat. That, and the fact that the R1 has Black Knobs, a Brass Bridge and Chrome Tuners. Looks like a right dog's dinner! The Thunders all seem to have better matching hardware...

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='642411' date='Nov 1 2009, 11:23 AM']..and if you ever want to sell it on, it will look better with the original on it.[/quote]
It'll also sell better - JapCrap's getting more & more collectable & keeping things original is wise if you're ever going to sell.

Are these a standard Fender type? If so a BA2 or Gotoh should just bolt straight on & you can swap back if you want to sell it.

JOn.

The original bridge is actually in fine condition and adjusts well, I'm sure I just have a hang-up about sticking on expensive after-market hardware on my basses!

Good point about keeping it as original as possible for future sale.

Thanks all......I'm going to leave it for now.