Why become a member? ×

tuner reccommendations?

Dronny

[quote name='Dronny' post='633128' date='Oct 22 2009, 06:51 AM']What tuner do you use? and why? I'm looking for something to replace my no-name eBay five quid lump of cr@p and would like some opinions if anyone has any prefernces, dislikes, warnings, etc,

cheers

Dronny[/quote]

Hi Dronny

I used the boss TU-2 up until I just bought a Korg pitch black - best tuner I've ever used, much more stable display than the tu2.

It's a pedal which mutes the bass when tuning, it's chromatic, and the led display is easily read.

Basically does everything the tu2 does but better for similar money. Not sure the boss does chromatic.

cheers

Martin

Edited by martinbass7750

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Dronny' post='633128' date='Oct 22 2009, 06:51 AM']What tuner do you use? and why? I'm looking for something to replace my no-name eBay five quid lump of cr@p and would like some opinions if anyone has any prefernces, dislikes, warnings, etc,

cheers

Dronny[/quote]

it will do a g**t*r as well..but more importantly let you check those 24th fret upper notes...and 5th fret harmonics

[quote name='Hamster' post='633182' date='Oct 22 2009, 08:17 AM']I use a Korg DT-10 - [url="http://www.dv247.com/guitars/korg-dt-10-digital-chromatic-guitar-pedal-tuner-silver--25214"]http://www.dv247.com/guitars/korg-dt-10-di...r-silver--25214[/url]

Easy to see, accurate tracking, no noise.[/quote]

I use a TU-2 and thought it was great until I tried one of these a few weeks ago; they're seriously quick. The only downside is they don't have a stream mode for setting intonation. However, they don't seem to flicker about as much as the TU-2, so you could probably use it without any problems.