Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Lakland 55-01 with NMTB.

dave_bass5

Having decided to go back to 4 strings i think i will get rid of the above bass.
Its Black so not the deluxe version but i have had a NMTB fitted and it has the Mid selector switch on the outside to make life easier.
Good condition. A few minor scratches that are only really visible in the right light on the back.

going back to a P-bass hopefully although i might use my Jazz for now.

Open to offers/trades but wont post so central London only.

In no hurry.

cheers.

EDIT: well, i said no hurry and its been a year now. It has been on hold but now i really dont need it.
Looking for £400 or close, still pick up only.

Edited by dave_bass5

• 3 weeks later...

After two really great gigs with my 4 string Jazz im now decided to get rid of the Lakland.
Looking for around £450, pick up form London only as i have no way of posting it.
Ill throw in a Ritter gig bag if i get the asking price, if not it doesnt come with a case.

I now have pics. Its in good condition.

These are the scuff marks. They came about because of stupidly resting the bass against the amp. Doesn't affect playing at all.
Its a lovely shallow neck.

Thanks homer.
Yes, i fell in love with it the first time i picked it up and hadnt used my 4 string sinse the day i got it but im getting a bit tired of the sound.
As you know if changed cabs quite a bit this year looking for a better sound and have just realised its the Bass.
Lovley sound etc but im really looking for a p-bass sound. got my eye on a MIJ so this has to go.

[quote name='charic' post='77478' date='Oct 21 2007, 09:22 PM']Whats the neck like on this? Im in the market for a nice 5 or 6er atm.. What kinda sound do you get out of this?[/quote]

Well i dont have a lot to compare it with but the neck is quite shallow (as in depth, not width). Specs are on the Lakland website if that helps but its shallower than my Jazz and its not too wide.
Soundwise its got two jazz type pups so thats sort of what it sounds like. but it has the NTMB which has Active trebble, mid (with selectable mid freq) and lows.
plus mix and volume. It also has a pot inside to adjust the active level. Its very varied in what it can sound like but all based around a jazz type of sound IMHO.

[quote name='charic' post='77492' date='Oct 21 2007, 09:41 PM']Awww shame, i love the look of it but never got on with jazz basses[/quote]

Me too. Even though ive gone back to it its only because i dont have anytihng else at the moment.
I would say though that the 55-01 is a bit less Jazz sounding than a jazz . Maybe i should have said its more like an Active Jazz than just a standard Jazz
but i guess you cant get to far from the single coil pup sound.

Edited by dave_bass5

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Matty' post='81526' date='Oct 31 2007, 01:14 AM']Is this still around?
Open to trades?[/quote]

Yes and maybe.
Thing is there isnt really anything i want. ive just ordered a new 50's Classic P-Bass to replace the 55-01
so im hoping to sell the 55-01 to cover the cost (or get close to it)

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='77460' date='Oct 21 2007, 07:56 PM']I had one of these Dave - it also had the NTMB preamp. Fantastic bass at a great price this.[/quote]

+1 for the 55-01 - I think I've got your old one (candy apple red). If I had the cash I'd buy this one, although maybe I don't really need a spare! And the price for this one is a deal.

• 1 year later...

[quote name='odub' post='324139' date='Nov 7 2008, 12:31 PM']Hmm I'm Kings Cross so not far,

Let me check my piggy bank[/quote]

Ah, a local boy.

Im still no in any real hurry so take your time.

Im around most of the time so if you just wanted to have a go/look just let me know.
I dont have an amp around although I do have a Korg PX4D that i use at work.

[quote name='BigBeatNut' post='324395' date='Nov 7 2008, 06:37 PM']Is that fingerboard ebony ? Or (more likely I guess as it's a skyline) stained something-else ?[/quote]

Nah, just plain old rosewood.

Heres a link to the website
[url="http://www.lakland.com/55-01.htm"]Lakland website[/url]

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='324401' date='Nov 7 2008, 06:51 PM']Nah, just plain old rosewood.[/quote]

Ah well ... cracking looking bass anyway ... love the all black thing and that custom feature of the mid-freq switch on the front is a bonus ... wish my 55-94D had it.

Best of luck with the sale.

[quote name='BigBeatNut' post='324473' date='Nov 7 2008, 08:29 PM']Ah well ... cracking looking bass anyway ... love the all black thing and that custom feature of the mid-freq switch on the front is a bonus ... wish my 55-94D had it.

Best of luck with the sale.[/quote]

Cheers.

Yes, its a good idea. At first i was a bit annoyed as i asked the shop that put it in to not to drill any holes in the bass but it has been useful.