Why become a member? ×

Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound neck pickup WITHDRAWN

[quote name='Leftbass' post='631389' date='Oct 20 2009, 02:57 PM']Yep 2 weeks old fitted but pristine its just too damned hot for me. Bought for £45 now £35 + £2 to post.
Or if you have a neck position Vintage Jazz fancy a trade[/quote]
Seymour Duncan has an exchange scheme that allows you to exchange a pickup for another of your choice if you buy one and it doesn't work out. Nobody ever takes advantage of it, but it was there last time I looked. Your dealer should be able to swap it for you.

I might be interested, i've got a set of pickups from a 75RI for a project and was planning to ditch the bridge one for a MM style. i'm planning a geddy style with a "modern" sound, but i'm not familiar with the quarter pound....whats it like?

interested in a trade for a neck 75?

Excuse my ignorance what is 75RI. The SD quarter pounder has large pole pieces and a really beefy output and I 'm sure you would get a great rasping Geddy like tone if you set your eq up. This is a neck pos PU I need something more like the vintage I have in the bridge pos. on my jazz

Edited by Leftbass

This pickup can deliver any ammount of tone I'm sure you would find what you want. I can't describe really.
This is whats on the website

High output true single-coil. Recommended for blues, classic rock, garage, heavy rock, classic metal and nu-metal.

description
Developed for the bassist who needs the slammin' output of the Hot but with even stronger attack. The quarter-inch pole pieces and intense windings deliver a full response with great sustain. Includes logo cover.

complete setup
Calibrated neck and bridge set. Neck pickup is slightly narrower. Neck is RW/RP for hum canceling when both pickups are used together. Often used together with STC-2 or -3 Tone Circuits for optimal tonal control.

[url="http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/basslines/progressive-1/sjb3_quarterpou/"]http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/bass...jb3_quarterpou/[/url]