Why become a member? ×

mesa 2:100

krispn

I emailed someone at Mesa about this a while ago and got the response that while it would technically work it might not sound all that great. From what I've read on here it seems to be that the output transformer would be too small for bass (or something along those lines) and that 100W will probably not give enough headroom for a loud, clean tone.

to be honest dude your wasting your time with any less than 300watts, ive tried my 200watt at a gig on friday and it was just enough. get the biggest you can or you will always chase wattage. IMO of course.

my guitarist uses an all valve marshall 50watt and it cuts through my sound like a fart in a lift, its bloody annoying, so im now waiting on my mag 600h to be delivered in the next few days along with an ampeg 4x10 hlf.

[quote name='krispn' post='629538' date='Oct 18 2009, 10:33 AM']Seen one of these on evilbay and was wondering would a 100 tube power amp be enough for a bass rig? and would it be clean enough?

Thoughts?[/quote]It depends on the speakers. More drivers means higher sensitivity, so you need less power. 100 watts from a tube amp into an 8x10 would certainly handle most any venue. But not through a 1x or 2x, maybe through some 4x.