Why become a member? ×

Boosting My Big Muff

JHBASS

Hey all,

Ive got one of the American Standard Reissue Big Muff (not that bass one), because trying to locate a specific bass muff to try out is just painful! It can occasionaly loose the bottom end a little, and was thinking maybe i should just have it as a "stlye" thing. But I can see that EHX also make a Knockout Attack Equailizer, and from the videos Ive seen (Michael Leonheart, is a master at videos for EHX products....check the vids out!), it can seriously boost the low end of your signal, and thats been demonstrated with bass. Now, I may have the wrong end of the stick, but could this actually boost the bottom end (before or after) from the muff? This wouldnt be the only reason for buying this pedal....Ive found myself playing at gigs with other peoples equipment. This pedal may help me get closer to the sound I would want in a performance setting? Im not terribly clued up on the complex technical side of this, so I appologise for any ignorance, or what may seem to be stupid questions!

Cheers,

Josh

mate, try and find a black russian (or green if you can afford it) on ebay, simpler solution and will probably sound better than having the us muff and the ehx.

Or email owen electronics about modding your muff. I have recently received a US model modified by owen to green muff specs, plus a tweak of the tone control for even more low end, and sounds terrific.

[quote name='Kev' post='628433' date='Oct , 11:11 PM']mate, try and find a black russian (or green if you can afford it) on ebay, simpler solution and will probably sound better than having the us muff and the ehx.

Or email owen electronics about modding your muff. I have recently received a US model modified by owen to green muff specs, plus a tweak of the tone control for even more low end, and sounds terrific.[/quote]

Couldn't agree more Kev, the muff he has now used to be mine, Martins work is top notch well worth the cost of the mods which was about £30 or so inc p&p

Loving the hellbilly btw :)

[quote name='mr pablo' post='631104' date='Oct 20 2009, 09:30 AM']Couldn't agree more Kev, the muff he has now used to be mine, Martins work is top notch well worth the cost of the mods which was about £30 or so inc p&p

Loving the hellbilly btw :lol:[/quote]
good to hear :) Think its one of the only pedals i have ever owned that genuinely goes from overdrive to fuzz :rolleyes: