Why become a member? ×

Mesa Boogie 1516be Bass Cab sold

gazgoldstar

Hey guys, I have finally decided to part company with this beastie bass cab. None more rock really!

It is a monster cab featuring a 15", a 10", 2x6" plus a horn. The horn is switchable (off, half or full). It is the uprated BE model which has an electro voice speaker. The cab is rated at 600 watts but apparently can handle whatever you throw at it. The condition mine is in is pretty good. All the speakers are tip top. The Tolex however is scuffed and pretty rough in places as this was a gigged cab. Anyone who knows these cabs will testify that they are tough as old boots though and a bit of gig rash just adds to the macho nature of this cab!

My cab has had its a casters removed and attached to a board so it can be moved around but then lifted off for a more stable grounding. The guy who had it before me got the speaker grills sprayed red. I have subsequently sprayed them black again although little chips of black have come off revealing red underneath which makes it look like its bleeding a bit. As I said this is a true ROCK cab!!!

This is a really great classic cab that you don't see very often and I think has a bit more hoof than an 8x10. I have decided to sell it now that I am not gigging as much.
It is currently living in cardiff so next time I visit I will get some photos of it so you can see it for yourselves.

I would like £400 for this beauty. SOLD

Cheers,

Gaz

Edited by gazgoldstar

[quote name='cetera' post='625176' date='Oct 13 2009, 04:28 PM']Superb cab!!! I used to have one myself.....
Highly recommended!

Have a free early bump :rolleyes:[/quote]

.......whatever happened to it?
I mostly DI/monitor these days, but I love this cab when I back-line, easily best I've ever owned. Not a lightweight, but travels easy on castors / tips single-handed into the back of the car. Not so good on stairs...... :)

• 4 months later...