Why become a member? ×

Sei Original 5

Harrythebassdawg

I'm going to sell Sei original 5 string. It can be seen in my profile pic and on Sei bass website, but i'll get some pics up soon. I would like to get some kind of 4 string jazz - vintage fender/ lakland....havent tried a sadowsky yet, but i think i will very soon!

I'm sure I don't need to elaborate on the build quality, sound quality and feel of these basses. Lets just say it's awsome!

Its got bartolinis
ebony fretboard, with a double lining round the edge.
Zebrano as the main bulk of the body,
with bookmatched olive front and back
With ebony and maple between the two.
maple and wenge neck
BC3P Schack 18V on board EQ system - basically some wicked electronics in the back where you can alter the frequencies of what the tone knobs will change via DIP switches!!!
Headed but cut away at the bottom....looks awsome!
2X 9 volt batteries

Plays so nice whether you like the action high or low.
I have it set where I can boost 100Hz or around there at the minute SO fat!
I'm going to take it to the gallery to get it set up soon, just to ensure all is well.

So basically, i'll be up for sensible trades and a bit of cash if poss or a just the dollar and no trade.

Edited by Harrythebassdawg

[quote name='Mickb1773' post='622014' date='Oct 9 2009, 08:51 PM']More than likely it's a Shack electronics..there should be 4 DIP switches if they are,
All the best,
Mick.[/quote]

Yeah that's it. Schack! it has three of them one for each tone control (apart from the passive tone obviously) each with 4 switches on.

Thankyou!

From the Bass Gallery website
"BC3P Schack 18V on board EQ system

Can be fitted to any guitar. The signal is not coloured in any way, due to the linear response of the circuit. Offers the player a great deal of versatility. Circuit is prewired and easily configurable.

-Master Volume

-Balance Control (buffered)

-Bass (100-300Hz via dip switches) ±15dB

-Middle (500-1500Hz via dip switches) ±15dB

-Treble (2000-8000Hz via dip switches) ±18dB

-Adjustable pickup input gain

£130 plus installation" Edited by Harrythebassdawg

[quote name='Exile252' post='622676' date='Oct 10 2009, 08:52 PM']Oh we're interested, but lack the funds to purchase such a lovely bass. :)

Got any trades or price in mind?[/quote]

I was thinking around 1700. But I'm looking for a 4 string jazz, Like a sadowsky metro UV. or a lakland, and always open to a vintage fender if the right one comes up. I still have to do the rounds of trying them and more out first though.
So trades are always an option!

[quote name='Harrythebassdawg' post='623222' date='Oct 11 2009, 04:47 PM']I was thinking around 1700. But I'm looking for a 4 string jazz, Like a sadowsky metro UV. or a lakland, and always open to a vintage fender if the right one comes up. I still have to do the rounds of trying them and more out first though.
So trades are always an option![/quote]

mate i would love this bass it would match my flamboyant six soooooo well,
dam!! what can i offer you,
im tempted to activate my credit card but my wife would go absolute ape sh*t and think ive only got 1400 on it.(max)

i have these:-
warwick sn dolphin 5 string ,peizo, candy, case etc ,mint (my add should still be active)
ostinato jazz tribute ,18v,emgs agular pre amp ,case, mint (type in ostinato tribute jazz and bubingas add may come up)
shuker 6 string,18volt preamp,emgs, fretless case ,mint
maybe some cash.

mate i love this site but dislike it tooo!!!
im working in hampton court so could bring my basses and we could play with each others instruments!!!!!!

kindest regards
ziggy/john

[quote name='ziggydolphinboy' post='623432' date='Oct 11 2009, 08:25 PM']mate i would love this bass it would match my flamboyant six soooooo well,
dam!! what can i offer you,
im tempted to activate my credit card but my wife would go absolute ape sh*t and think ive only got 1400 on it.(max)

i have these:-
warwick sn dolphin 5 string ,peizo, candy, case etc ,mint (my add should still be active)
ostinato jazz tribute ,18v,emgs agular pre amp ,case, mint (type in ostinato tribute jazz and bubingas add may come up)
shuker 6 string,18volt preamp,emgs, fretless case ,mint
maybe some cash.

mate i love this site but dislike it tooo!!!
im working in hampton court so could bring my basses and we could play with each others instruments!!!!!!

kindest regards
ziggy/john[/quote]

Ahh shame!
I'm afraid I'd just be after a 4 string jazz. What's an Ostinato Jazz tribute?
Yeah not it's far at all

cheers

Harry

hope this works,
heres the ostinato, id be a bit gutted to trade but its the nuts ,
i sold my fender jazz bass plus serial num 00141 and a cort a4 artisan to get this but youre sei looks the nuts.
[topic="0"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=34582&hl=ostinato[/topic]
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=34582&hl=ostinato"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...amp;hl=ostinato[/url]
kindest regards.

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='ziggydolphinboy' post='625423' date='Oct 13 2009, 07:11 PM']hope this works,
heres the ostinato, id be a bit gutted to trade but its the nuts ,
i sold my fender jazz bass plus serial num 00141 and a cort a4 artisan to get this but youre sei looks the nuts.
[topic="0"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=34582&hl=ostinato[/topic]
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=34582&hl=ostinato"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...amp;hl=ostinato[/url]
kindest regards.[/quote]

im gonna keep my ostinato cause it just kicks serious butt!!!!
have you got a pcy of the bass in full please.
kndest regards
ziggy