Why become a member? ×

Aguilar DB112 funny noises

Ray

While trying out my DB112s for the first time at rehearsal last night I noticed a sound like something vibrating from behind the grill cloth on one of the cabs. Has anyone else experienced this? I want to remove the grill and see what's going on behind it. Can the grill be removed?

Thanks

Edited by Ray

[quote name='Ray' post='621431' date='Oct 9 2009, 11:05 AM']While trying out my DB112s for the first time at rehearsal last night I noticed a sound like something vibrating from behind the grill cloth on one of the cabs. Has anyone else experienced this? I want to remove the grill and see what's going on behind it. Can the grill be removed?

Thanks[/quote]

The front metal grill can be unscrewed, the screws have plastic caps on which obviously need "popping" off to get to the screw.
Maybe you will have to take the metal plate on the back (inputs on it) to see inside the cabinet where something may be loose, cable hanging against speaker paper etc.

[quote name='mybass' post='621563' date='Oct 9 2009, 01:19 PM']The front metal grill can be unscrewed, the screws have plastic caps on which obviously need "popping" off to get to the screw.
Maybe you will have to take the metal plate on the back (inputs on it) to see inside the cabinet where something may be loose, cable hanging against speaker paper etc.[/quote]
This is a DB cab with a cloth grill.

There's no obvious way to remove the grill. Maybe it just pulls out??

I'd rather not remove the plate on the back unless I really have to.

Thanks

Remove the metal corners. Unscrew the Aguilar badge then 'partly' reinsert the screws and use this to help you pull away from the velcro... be warned it is secured VERY tightly! I had to assist the removal with a pair of pliers to grip the screws and some very gentle persuasion with a wide flat bladed driver (watch you don't get too forceful as it will damage the cab edge... and no I didn't :) ).

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='621754' date='Oct 9 2009, 03:59 PM']Remove the metal corners. Unscrew the Aguilar badge then 'partly' reinsert the screws and use this to help you pull away from the velcro... be warned it is secured VERY tightly! I had to assist the removal with a pair of pliers to grip the screws and some very gentle persuasion with a wide flat bladed driver (watch you don't get too forceful as it will damage the cab edge... and no I didn't :) ).[/quote]
Nice one WH. Thanks.