Why become a member? ×

1980 ibanez blazer project *sold pending the ususal*

mr pablo

I got this a few months back with the intention of refinishing the body and giving it a general make over, but a change of circumstances is forcing me to sell it on.

pics will be put up after i get home from work, condition wise the body has a few dinks as expected of a 29 year old bass although when i took of the gastly blue finish that was on before i got a lot of them out, i stained the wody black and have put 2 coats of tung oil on as i was planning an oil finish. The neck is also in realy good nick the frets are in pretty good nick and although stiff the truss rod works fine. Soundwise it's a big beefy pbass sound not much else i can say about that.

Price wise looking for about £100 posted or i'll sell it of in its relative bits.

due to it being quite late here are a few photo's from before i dismantled it, I'll put up pics of the rest of the bits tomorow

[attachment=34054:blazer.JPG]

[attachment=34055:blazer2.JPG]

Edited by mr pablo

[quote name='mr pablo' post='617182' date='Oct 5 2009, 10:51 AM']I got this a few months back with the intention of refinishing the body and giving it a general make over, but a change of circumstances is forcing me to sell it on.

pics will be put up after i get home from work, condition wise the body has a few dinks as expected of a 29 year old bass although when i took of the gastly blue finish that was on before i got a lot of them out, i stained the wody black and have put 2 coats of tung oil on as i was planning an oil finish. The neck is also in realy good nick the frets are in pretty good nick and although stiff the truss rod works fine. Soundwise it's a big beefy pbass sound not much else i can say about that.

Price wise looking for about £100 posted or i'll sell it of in its relative bits.[/quote]

Interested in this, especially if it's the earlier model with the 4-pole pickup. I'm just over the bridge from you so you wouldn't have to post.

Expect a PM when you get pics up. :)

Jon.