Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Pressing CDs

DanOwens

So one of my bands has decided to release a single ourselves, but the question we can't answer is [b]'What needs to go the CD?'[/b]

We've got some weird custom cases made that are clear so nothing will go on there. That means that everything has to go on the CD. We won't need barcodes, we already have track listings but [b]what else?[/b]

Any of you printed your own CDs? Anyone know what copyright info if any? Any codes?

Thanks guys!

Dan

[quote name='DanOwens' post='613421' date='Sep 30 2009, 11:11 PM']So one of my bands has decided to release a single ourselves, but the question we can't answer is [b]'What needs to go the CD?'[/b]

We've got some weird custom cases made that are clear so nothing will go on there. That means that everything has to go on the CD. We won't need barcodes, we already have track listings but [b]what else?[/b]

Any of you printed your own CDs? Anyone know what copyright info if any? Any codes?

Thanks guys!

Dan[/quote]

I'd always print the following

Logo at the top or on one side - depending on size and shape

Track Listing

Website address and myspace page and contact details - e-mail, etc...

Print the copyright information around the edge of the disc

You don't actually [b]NEED[/b] to print anything on the CD. However if there is no information on the sleeve then it will be a good idea to include everything that you would normally want to put on the cover on the CD. I would probably also include a copyright statement in small print - look at a couple of commercial CDs and you'll get the wording you need.

If you wanted to be extra minimalist and clean, I'd simply have the band and album name on the CD, a very small copyright statement somewhere unobtrusive and put everything else in a file on a CD-ROM partition on the CD.