Why become a member? ×

Nottingham Drum & Guitar Centre

pantherairsoft

[quote name='KevB' post='624992' date='Oct 13 2009, 02:18 PM']I usually bus it to the city but on Sat had to make a quick getaway to go up north so drove in and parked at the Fletchergate multi storey. I was there about 2 hrs 15 mins and was charged 4:50 !![/quote]

OK so don't park there... you've been warned!

oops, forgot about this thread, nah i didn't try anything out, just had a look really, never tried the corvette before the setup anyway
out of interest, how much would you charge for a setup? I asked at the music inn and they told me they wanted £20 plus a new set of strings, apparently you can't set a bass up unless the strings are brand new. My arse.

Edited by budget bassist

[quote name='budget bassist' post='625336' date='Oct 13 2009, 06:40 PM']oops, forgot about this thread, nah i didn't try anything out, just had a look really, never tried the corvette before the setup anyway
out of interest, how much would you charge for a setup? I asked at the music inn and they told me they wanted £20 plus a new set of strings, apparently you can't set a bass up unless the strings are brand new. My arse.[/quote]

PM'd

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers to everyone that's been down to visit the last few Saturdays. The response has been awesome and to my count I have now met 13 Bass Chatters! :-) I also now seem to be getting a roaring trade in bass set ups with 4 happy customer s in the last week... :-)

The last Washburn 5 string went this morning, played beautiful and were trying to sell through the old stock so some chap picked it up for £299... Bargain.

I shall not be there next week as I have a job interview, having been told I am
out of a job in 4 weeks (from my actual job not the Drum Centre)... ;-(. I shall be back the week after though!

Cheers chaps

• 2 weeks later...

Right, I'm Back this week. Apparently someone popped in to say ho last week and mentioned BassChat, but I wasn't around... If it was you... Sorry! :-)

I'm told that 3 of my recently set up basses hav sold in the last 10 days, 2 of which had been there unsold for over 2 years... So something working!

Come to think of it my jazz has never had a proper shop set up and it's due for a restring anyway so I may nip in on Sat, would it be likely to be done same day if I brought the replacement strings with me (which were bought at the shop anyway) ?

[quote name='KevB' post='646463' date='Nov 5 2009, 05:14 PM']Come to think of it my jazz has never had a proper shop set up and it's due for a restring anyway so I may nip in on Sat, would it be likely to be done same day if I brought the replacement strings with me (which were bought at the shop anyway) ?[/quote]

PM'd regarding set-ups

• 8 months later...

Hey guys.... Big Saturday for ND&GC today. Not in terms of sales (it was dead!), but in my 4 hours there I met another 3 basschatters!

Cheers for Dread Bass for dropping in (See you at Waterfront next sat) and to the chap with the lovely Jap Fender Jazz (good luck with the pickups), plus the chap that came and bough the Ibby ATK from me... Apologies for not getting your user names to the latter two.

It's also worth announcing that after some discussion, today will of been my last Saturday at the Drum Centre. I get married in 2 weeks time, work 6 days a week and am playing in 3 bands. Something has to give, and the Saturday's tinkering with toys is taking the chop.

I'll still be affiliated with the Drum Centre through my other job and will keep up to date with bits on bobs. Anyone that used me for set ups I'll still happily offer that service, just message me here instead... I think iv done 7 basschatters basses to date with no complaints. :)

Big thanks for everyone over the last year for popping in and saying hello and spending a few quid. Make sure you still give Ed and the boys some business now I've gone!

Shep

Edited by pantherairsoft

[quote name='Geek99' post='904503' date='Jul 25 2010, 07:02 AM']Twas me with the jazz bass. Even one of the guitar guys came over to look which was quite impressive.
Thanks for your time on that, I appreciate it.[/quote]

No probs. Hope you get it sorted. We don't see many Jap Fenders. Was the highlight of mine and Ed's day!

Shep