Why become a member? ×

1979 Yamaha BB1200, rare and in excellent condition

Weird War

[b]For sale[/b] my superb 1979 BB1200, a great bass in wonderful condition in its 30th birthday year. These classic Yamaha BBs have become collectors items and seldom appear for sale on BC or eBay, hence my deployment of that overused adjective [b]rare[/b] :)

[b]Spec and condition:[/b] Lovely through neck, great quality and a joy to play, comes strung with a set of used D'Addario nickel rounds. Sale includes original duster, truss rod tool, screwdriver, thumb rest and screws, unfitted clear perspex scratchplate (still has protective wrap on) and screws, and of course the original Super Fitted case. You are welcome to try this out over a cuppa. Full disclouse: there is a small ding near the jack socket (see photo below) and the odd sign of wear elsewhere, but the finish on these basses is excellent and the marks are barely noticeable on the natural finish. There is also some pitting of the chrome on a couple of the pegheads, which I discovered when changing strings recently; you can't see this with strings on, of course, but wanted to mention it here.

[b]Price[/b]: I was offered £450 very recently for this bass so am looking for offers close to that. Cash on collection from my home in SE London, or I will courier/post the bass for £20. Bank transfer is fine, add 3% if you want to use Paypal. Finally, I am going on holiday for 2 weeks on 4 October so am looking to move this on before then.

[b]Pictures[/b]

[b]This case is closed[/b]

PM me with any questions you have, see my signature below for nice BC [u]feedback[/u] and thanks for looking.

Doug

Edited by Weird War

Good luck with the sale.

These are cracking basses, I have one in my collection. Seeing your ad spurred me in to getting it out of its case for a play.
What a joy and still in tune after a year or so of languishing in its case. Even the case is impressive.

You have cured my GAS for a another precision and I will probably gig the yamaha next week.

All the best Gary

[quote name='lozbass' post='610048' date='Sep 27 2009, 03:11 PM']Just lovely, you don't see many of these, especially in such good (and complete) condition. A very good price too...I'm just trying to avoid buying more basses, but if this wasn't the case...[/quote]

MB1. :)
:rolleyes: ...And when was this the case?...i thought id bought that case???? ...Case Confusion BUMP! :lol: