Why become a member? ×

£SOLD Aguilar GS112 & 112NT

Rowbee

I've just picked up Flanker's Barefaced Compact and at the moment I love it, so I'm thinking I might move on my Aguilar GS cabs. I have two rehearsals and a jam booked in this week, so I'm going to be using the Compact and will get a better idea of whether it fulflls all my needs.

If that's the case then the Aguilars will definitely be up for sale, but for the time being I'm just gauging if there's any interest out there?

I bought these in March from Legion and they are in great condition, the only real issue being where he velcroed a Markbass head which has caused a small amount of "fluffing" on the top of one of them.

I really am in two minds as I have had some great sounds out of these babies.

I hope Legion doesn't mind if for now I use his pic but I need to tidy up first! Interestingly, the only thing I haven't owned in the pic is what's in the rack head! :)

EDIT: Now for sale - I'm looking for [b]£425[/b] for both cabs. Last night I managed to yank my amp head onto the floor and need to recoup some money for repairs!

[attachment=33191:rig.jpg]

Edited by Rowbee

[quote name='Rowbee' post='603754' date='Sep 20 2009, 05:56 PM']I've just picked up Flanker's Barefaced Compact and at the moment I love it, so I'm thinking I might move on my Aguilar GS cabs. I have two rehearsals and a jam booked in this week, so I'm going to be using the Compact and will get a better idea of whether it fulflls all my needs.

If that's the case then the Aguilars will definitely be up for sale, but for the time being I'm just gauging if there's any interest out there?

I bought these in March from Legion and they are in great condition, the only real issue being where he velcroed a Markbass head which has caused a small amount of "fluffing" on the top of one of them.

I really am in two minds as I have had some great sounds out of these babies.

I hope Legion doesn't mind if for now I use his pic but I need to tidy up first! Interestingly, the only thing I haven't owned in the pic is what's in the rack head! :)

[attachment=33191:rig.jpg][/quote]

That compact must be seriously nice as I know you really liked the GS cabs - no problem using the photo and best of luck.

Guess I better consider trying a compact eh

J

Ah, so it was you that got in first then! :)

I was in the queue just in case you didn't buy Steve's Compact today, but I didn't really expect it to hang around!
As it happens, I sold on a pair of GS112's to get my own Compact... Don't get me wrong though, these little Aggies are seriously potent cabs (especially as a pair) and get the job done- I'm sure these will go quickly if you do sell them!

Hope you enjoy your new purchase as much as I do mine, and if for any reason things don't work out, I'll have first dibs on it! :rolleyes:

Edited by Etienne

[quote name='Legion' post='603857' date='Sep 20 2009, 07:29 PM']That compact must be seriously nice as I know you really liked the GS cabs - no problem using the photo and best of luck.

Guess I better consider trying a compact eh

J[/quote]

Thanks Jas. I do really still love the cabs but I wanted to try a compact and I can't justify owning two complete rigs.

I have a rock band rehearsal on Tuesday and a funk band rehearsal on Wednesday, so after using the Compact for these I'll know whether it really is for me or not.

Thanks to everyone for the interest and the PMs and I should have a clearer picture midweek as to whether or not the Aguilar cabs are going, or if the Compact just isn't for me - and if it is, I think I'll invest in a second one.

Also, if it's the Aggies that are going, I'll come up with a price based on what I paid Jas and taking into account a small amount of depreciation. Priority will probably go to people willing to take both of them.

Cheers

Rob

Thanks again to everyone for all the PMs and apologies for not replying at the moment but there have been quite a few. Several of them are asking for specific prices of the cabs which I don't really want to give at the moment until I'm sure they're for sale, as this is currently a feeler after all.

Once I've made the decision and if it is to sell them, in the interests of fairness I promise to treat all interest in the chronological order it came in, either by PM or notes added to this thread.

As I mentioned previously, I have several rehearsals this week and should have an idea by the end of Weds at the latest. :)