Why become a member? ×

Anybody with a Schroeder 1212 near Preston/Blackpool

david_l_perry

I am looking to try out a Schroeder 1212L(only interested in the 1212L), but would very much like to try it at a rehearsal with the band.

Does anybody have one near to Chorley / Preston / Blackpool area....and if so would they be kind enough to offer a try out of the cab.

You are more than welcome to try out my 2 GS112's in exchange. Obviously I will pick up / drop off the cab to suit.

Just want to try them out in a real band environment before I place an order.

If so drop me a PM.

Cheers, Dave

[quote name='david_l_perry' post='603580' date='Sep 20 2009, 02:08 PM']Cheers Steve

I did ask you ages ago to pass the details on :)

Just found his profile so will drop him a PM to check this thread out.[/quote]

Come to think about it, Yes, Yes you did. But i think at that time you wanted to rip it open!

[quote name='MythSte' post='603588' date='Sep 20 2009, 02:23 PM']Come to think about it, Yes, Yes you did. But i think at that time you wanted to rip it open![/quote]

Mmm....you may be right about that as it was during my massive speaker building phase..... :)

No longer the case....building speakers cabs aint fun anymore with running my own business, family ect....not to mention that its almost impossible to build a cab to a high standard for less than buying one....(time is [i]very [/i]much money when you are self employed......)

I long since sold all of my BF gear (PA and bass cabs)

Steve (Lemmywinks) has just Pm'd me and [i]hopefully [/i]sorting out a quick swapsy to try it out.....absolute star.

To me the only way to really get how a cab really works is with playing it with the band.

The price of them is fairly good over at SHX (£575 for the 1212L I think)

And thanks to thisnameistaken for the offer as well !

Dave

Ive got both a 1210R (older version) and a 1212L (newer one with the new drivers, got it last year from SHX) and yes, they are pretty close, tone wise. The 1210R is a lot heavier though ;-)

Ive been using my 1210R for about 4 years now and its never let me down. I use it with one of my bands and im always getting told to turn down. This was a revelation when it first happened.
I do find the 1212L to be a bit thicker sounding though (i use this one with my main band) and while it does sound quite middy on stage it sounds great out front. I play 5 string and while i cant get room shaking lows i still a nice, tight low B that can be heard distinctly.
I would like to go to a bigger, more traditional rig but car space is too tight so im stuck with small cabs. Never done a gig when i had to turn up past about 12 o'clock on my MB heads and both cabs are 4ohms.

Im in London so no use to the OP but thought i would join in anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I tried out the Schroeder 1212 tonight at rehearsal with the band. Great sounding cab, plenty of volume, very articulate sounding top end (I love top end sizzle and twang in my sound). It had masses of btm end, didnt sound as thought it was lacking in that stakes at all. This was the standard 1212 (not the light weight version) but to be honest it was still a one hand carry in.

I am now pretty interested in what my two GS112's will sound like again at next weeks rehearsal.

This is my initial thoughts:-

If I had the two stacks side by side, and was buying from new, then I would [i]probably [/i]go for the Schroeder, as its a little cheaper than both GS112's and smaller in total pack space. Its the size of your average 2x10 compact cab. Sound wise both settups (to me at least) are great combinations, I would be happy with either option...

The question is, do I sell the GS112's and purchase a Schroeder.....tough call to be honest, and I don't know the answer at the moment...if money was no object I would keep both set ups...but money is of course always a decider....

I have to say a massive thanks to Lemmywinks for letting my try out this cab, Cheers pal !!

(Will drop you a pm and arrange dropping it off at the weekend at some point...)

Edit:- just to add I play 5 string, and it had no issues handling the B, sounded very tight.....

Dave

Edited by david_l_perry

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='613504' date='Oct 1 2009, 02:39 AM']The weirdest thing for me with the 1212L, is that it's about half the weight of any other cab I've ever owned, but I've never felt more confident about turning my amp up. I haven't heard it struggle yet, and I'm driving it with a Hartke LH500.

I honestly thought I'd need two, but it turns out I just don't.[/quote]

Yeah amazing cabs- I have a 1212L wiht a Mark Bass LM2 for small gigs ( would do big ones too ) and the 1212L witha 1515L and my Marshall VBA 400 amp for larger venues.
Wondering about selling the Marshall and buying another LM2 as its just soo much more portable- had an offer for the Marshall but do think it sounds better than the Mark Bass ( a little ).

Bob

Don't know which cabs you will end up with, but I tend not to sell before the replacement has proved itself.

I have GS to replace SWR 15's and 10's and am far from convinced ..as yet..this is going to work.

And the only reason I am comtemplating this is that the SWR 15 is a bit big for my car...
I suspect I will run both rigs for quite a time yet.