Why become a member? ×

SOLD, PLEASE REMOVE!

AndyTravis

Hi folks.

Bought this when my amp blew up, used it for a months rehearsal and one gig, and thought i'd keep it and use it as a spare.

I had someone, a friend of a friend let me down on this, so i thought while i'm in selling mode, i may as well move it on.

An ideal little amp for rehearsal. Or small gigs. Sit's on top of most cabs hapilly, it ran my Goliath 3 at a push.

I'm up for offers.

Mint condition, no box, no manual (pdf is avaialable from Yamaha)...

Think they started out very expensive, and are now discontinnued.

Here's what Yamaha released it with.

Pics to follow soon.

Andy

"As the world’s first all digital bass amp, the BBT 500H offers a total of 11 vintage and modern amplifier sounds, built-in dynamics and amazing tone-shaping capability to suit any style of music in a powerful, compact package.
Weighing just 8.5 pounds, the BBT 500H delivers 500 Watts of power into 2 ohms (250 Watts into 4 ohms). The 5-band, frequency-variable tone controls, single-band, fully parametric EQ, compressor and programmable effects blend controls are easily accessible from the front panel. The BBT 500H also features a built-in effects loop, MIDI in/out, five user memory locations and a speaker simulator for additional versatility.
“The BBT 500H is a new concept in bass amplifiers,” states Joseph Brasler, marketing manager, Yamaha Corporation of America, Guitar Products. “It’s amazingly clean and powerful and ultra-light, and has the wide variety of vintage and modern bass amp sounds, effects and the versatile connectivity you’d expect from a revolutionary digital product from Yamaha.”

Connections include 1/4” line and balanced XLR outputs, two 1/4” speaker outputs, tuner outputs and a headphone jack for practicing. Lightweight, yet roadworthy construction makes the BBT 500H ideal for transporting to practice sessions and gigs.
Yamaha offers three speaker systems designed to complement the BBT 500H."

Edited by AndyTravis

[quote name='AndyTravis' post='603617' date='Sep 20 2009, 03:22 PM']Hi matty,

I know the lads at sound Control were flogging thf you bem for £399.99 before they went bump

Just PM me with an offer, and i'll see how close you are to what i'm thinking.

I'm being sensible, don't expect £389 back.

Andy[/quote]

That price was a few years back, because they didn't sell very well they kept dropping the price. I used to own one. Being digital it has a nasty hum when turned up loud. But does have some nice features and sounds. Just make sure you use a cab without a horn (or turn the horn off) as the hum when not playing can be very annoying.

Also, I hated the delay when you switch between the preset sounds. Not practical to switch sounds between a song.

I've seen them go for between £140-£200 on evilbay!

Good luck with the sale. :)

I used one of these as my main gigging rig for nearly 3 years and I reckon they sound great, if mine went belly up I'd buy another without hesitation.
Yeah they can hum a bit and some of the distortion channels are waaay too noisy, but overall they're great for the money.

Have a bumpage on me amigo... :)