Why become a member? ×

FS: Orange AD200B

thumbo

[b]SOLD![/b] 12/11/09

[b]Back up for sale! £750. I used it for some studio work a couple of weeks ago and it sounded FAT! I also had it serviced the other day as I ran it pretty hard in the studio - it's all in tip top condition :)

I've decided to make it free fully insured shipping on this one, but I'm keeping this sale UK only. [/b]

[s][b]17/09/09 - I'm putting the sale of this amp on hold. I've just found out I've got some session work in a few weeks that this amp will be great for. Depending on my money situation, it might be back up for sale after then.[/b][/s]

This is such a stunning amp and I find it painful to have to do this but I need the dollar, so something's gotta go. My Gallien Krueger with Rusty Box pre-amp suits what I'm doing at the moment. So here goes...

Orange AD200B mk3, roughly 18 months old, well looked after, decent quality fitted padded cover included. Re-valved the output in January this year and put an old Philips 12AT7 in the middle position of the pre-amp. This has just made the gain a little smoother, the amp sounds a bit more old-school for it but you can still get those very aggressive "Converge" tones from it when the gain is cranked. I had the amp serviced and biased by a professional (I can supply the invoice/notes from the service).

It's currently at my practice place but I can get pics of it tomorrow when I bring it home. It's in immaculate condition. I think I still even have the original box!

You're welcome to collect. I'd prefer bank transfer or cheque, I don't mind paypal but please add 3% to the price if you want to use that.

PM me any questions. :rolleyes:

Ed

Edited by thumbo

[quote name='antti' post='599251' date='Sep 15 2009, 03:22 PM']Still available?[/quote]
I have just found another one at home wich i'm going to buy.I can go by car and get it.
I'm sure this is a great amp and a great bargain that Ed is selling.
Atleast as far as i know it should be avaliable.

[quote name='thumbo' post='598611' date='Sep 14 2009, 07:55 PM']This is such a stunning amp and I find it painful to have to do this but I need the dollar, so something's gotta go. My Gallien Krueger with Rusty Box pre-amp suits what I'm doing at the moment. So here goes...

Orange AD200B mk3, roughly 18 months old, well looked after, decent quality fitted padded cover included. Re-valved the output in January this year and put an old Philips 12AT7 in the middle position of the pre-amp. This has just made the gain a little smoother, the amp sounds a bit more old-school for it but you can still get those very aggressive "Converge" tones from it when the gain is cranked. I had the amp serviced and biased by a professional (I can supply the invoice/notes from the service).

It's currently at my practice place but I can get pics of it tomorrow when I bring it home. It's in immaculate condition. I think I still even have the original box!

You're welcome to collect. Alternatively I can do fully insured shipping for £20. I'd prefer bank transfer or cheque, I don't mind paypal but please add 3% to the price if you want to use that.

PM me any questions. :)

Ed[/quote]

do you mind me asking why the middle position? you'd be much better off replacing the input or the phase splitter valve!

[quote name='umph' post='600615' date='Sep 16 2009, 07:13 PM']do you mind me asking why the middle position? you'd be much better off replacing the input or the phase splitter valve![/quote]

I've been meaning to try it in different positions. I don't know a whole lot about the tech side of valve amps. The reason it's in the middle is because when it was serviced the pre-amp valve in the middle position was showing up as a bit weak.

• 1 month later...