Why become a member? ×

Hartke HA5500 (£175) and Marshall VBC 4x10" (£125)

orangepeelneil

Hello everyone,

I’m downsizing to a 2x10” combo due to limited car/home space and reduced power needed for current gigs, so both my amp and cab is for sale.

This Hartke 5550 and Marshall VBC 410 has been my setup for the last year or so providing up to 500W (at 4ohms) of satisfying bass power.

[u]
Hartke 5500[/u]

The amp is well used (but not abused) and has scratches and dings. It has never let me down.
I bought it as Jack Bruce uses one and haven’t been disappointed, these are great pro amps and are still in the current Hartke range. A good gigging amp.

The amp works great, plenty of useable feature and immense headroom with a four Ohm cab. I’ve done at least 30+ gigs and loads of rehearsals with this amp and it has never let me down or disappointed me, a pretty transparent amplifier.

Both cooling fans are noisy- this Hartke trait. It has never caused me bother as I’ve used it pretty loud, so the fan noise is trivial. I’ve also used this in the studio and the fan noise wasn’t a problem at the volume levels we played and recorded at.

One l.e.d on the 10 band eq slider is out, again never bothered me
These may be things the buyer wants to resolve-and are reflected in the price.

The amp comes with original box and instructions.

Spec:-

*500 Watts of power at 4 ohms, 350W at 8 ohms
*Tube and solid state preamp sections
*Passive and active input sections
*Bass, treble, and contour controls
*10-band graphic EQ
*Variable compression
*XLR direct out
*Effects loop
*Vintage-style cabinet enclosure

The cheapest net price =£475.00 (GAK.co.uk)

[b]£175.00[/b]

[u]Marshall MBC410 [/u]

The cab is good condition, well gigged but solid and complete and has scratches and dings. It too has never let me down.

4x10”, 4 Ohm cab rated at 600W with switch-able HF horn.Solid kickproof steel grill.

These cabs do not come with castors (crazy!) So I’ve added a proper ply castor wheel board (see pictures), which I have found indispensable moving this cab around.
The wheelboard is fixed through the cab with solid M8 stainless steel bolts/spring washers and nuts. I think these cabs are MDF and weigh a fair bit; screws would simply come away or break off.

Spec: -

* Bass reflex cabinet
* 600 Watt Power (RMS):
* 4 x 10”
* Switch-able HF Horn
* Impedance: 4 Ohms
* x1 Speakon connector
* x 1 1/4 inch jack speaker connector
* Dimensions: 630 x 720 x 410 mm
* Weight: 42.5 Kg

Cheapest net price =£234.00 (Soundslive.co.uk)

[b]£125.00
[/b]

Collection from Central Bristol (BS3). I may consider postage if a good deal is struck, but would rather demo the unit to avoid problems.

Cheers Neil

[quote name='orangepeelneil' post='597655' date='Sep 13 2009, 08:29 PM']Hello everyone,

I’m downsizing to a 2x10” combo due to limited car/home space and reduced power needed for current gigs, so both my amp and cab is for sale.

This Hartke 5550 and Marshall VBC 410 has been my setup for the last year or so providing up to 500W (at 4ohms) of satisfying bass power.

[u]
Hartke 5500[/u]

The amp is well used (but not abused) and has scratches and dings. It has never let me down.
I bought it as Jack Bruce uses one and haven’t been disappointed, these are great pro amps and are still in the current Hartke range. A good gigging amp.

The amp works great, plenty of useable feature and immense headroom with a four Ohm cab. I’ve done at least 30+ gigs and loads of rehearsals with this amp and it has never let me down or disappointed me, a pretty transparent amplifier.

Both cooling fans are noisy- this Hartke trait. It has never caused me bother as I’ve used it pretty loud, so the fan noise is trivial. I’ve also used this in the studio and the fan noise wasn’t a problem at the volume levels we played and recorded at.

One l.e.d on the 10 band eq slider is out, again never bothered me
These may be things the buyer wants to resolve-and are reflected in the price.

The amp comes with original box and instructions.

Spec:-

*500 Watts of power at 4 ohms, 350W at 8 ohms
*Tube and solid state preamp sections
*Passive and active input sections
*Bass, treble, and contour controls
*10-band graphic EQ
*Variable compression
*XLR direct out
*Effects loop
*Vintage-style cabinet enclosure

The cheapest net price =£475.00 (GAK.co.uk)

[b]£175.00[/b]

[u]Marshall MBC410 [/u]

The cab is good condition, well gigged but solid and complete and has scratches and dings. It too has never let me down.

4x10”, 4 Ohm cab rated at 600W with switch-able HF horn.Solid kickproof steel grill.

These cabs do not come with castors (crazy!) So I’ve added a proper ply castor wheel board (see pictures), which I have found indispensable moving this cab around.
The wheelboard is fixed through the cab with solid M8 stainless steel bolts/spring washers and nuts. I think these cabs are MDF and weigh a fair bit; screws would simply come away or break off.

Spec: -

* Bass reflex cabinet
* 600 Watt Power (RMS):
* 4 x 10”
* Switch-able HF Horn
* Impedance: 4 Ohms
* x1 Speakon connector
* x 1 1/4 inch jack speaker connector
* Dimensions: 630 x 720 x 410 mm
* Weight: 42.5 Kg

Cheapest net price =£234.00 (Soundslive.co.uk)

[b]£125.00
[/b]

Collection from Central Bristol (BS3). I may consider postage if a good deal is struck, but would rather demo the unit to avoid problems.

Cheers Neil[/quote]

Interested in the amp and i work up the road in filton.

PMing!

• 2 weeks later...