Why become a member? ×

Dodgy?

mic mac moe

Guest Bald Eagle

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='63858' date='Sep 21 2007, 10:55 PM']The recessed jack is a mod. For that reason, and many more, steer clear...[/quote]

Enlighten us, please do it seems quite a cheap bass to me albeit modded.

[quote name='BassBunny' post='63877' date='Sep 21 2007, 11:32 PM']It looks like the wrong jack socket to mount on the control plate. When i got the EMG's for my Jazz they supplied a pre-wired stereo jack to power the pick-ups. Looks like this giuy lost his and used whatever he could lay his hands on. Weird.[/quote]
The decal is fake. So the neck is unlikely to be Fender. I wonder if the body or anything else is genuine...

I have doubts re the body being a gen Fender. It looks "multipart", glued and varnished. There is an evident "part" of wood near the jack, you can see a join. also the rear chamfer looks to sharp to me, not rounded enough. Agree re the decal, deffo not original. He says he got the neck from the US due to the old one breaking. Hes in the UK, why get a US neck?

As he has headed his ad as "Fender Jazz", I would avoid, even at a low price. Looks heavy too!!!