Why become a member? ×

Help please: Photos/diagrams of Ric 4003 control cavity

Beedster

Hi all
I'm about to start wiring in the PUPs to my 4003 fretless project. I've two original Ric harnesses, one for the pots/switches and one for the O/Ps. I have a Seymour Duncan chart but it's not all that useful. I'd be very grateful for either a Ric wiring diagram or some pics of control cavities as it's not quite as intuitive a job as was my old Precision! Probably worth mentioning I've got the vintage tone circuit/pot, not sure how much of a difference it makes to the connections?
Many thanks
Chris

Edited by Beedster

[quote name='2x18' post='594785' date='Sep 10 2009, 03:03 PM']Hopefully this site may be of use to you Chris ( Links to Wiring diagrams are at bottom of page )

[url="http://www.joeysbassnotes.com/Rick%20maint.htm"]http://www.joeysbassnotes.com/Rick%20maint.htm[/url]

Will.[/quote]

PERFECT!!!
Many thanks Will
Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='594755' date='Sep 10 2009, 02:15 PM']Hi all
I'm about to start wiring in the PUPs to my 4003 fretless project. I've two original Ric harnesses, one for the pots/switches and one for the O/Ps. I have a Seymour Duncan chart but it's not all that useful. I'd be very grateful for either a Ric wiring diagram or some pics of control cavities as it's not quite as intuitive a job as was my old Precision! Probably worth mentioning I've got the vintage tone circuit/pot, not sure how much of a difference it makes to the connections?
Many thanks
Chris[/quote]

I have a photo of the pots and assembly of one of my 4001 stereo basses. Not sure its the same as a 4003, but i'll post it if its any help???

Steve

[quote name='supabock' post='594837' date='Sep 10 2009, 04:02 PM']I have a photo of the pots and assembly of one of my 4001 stereo basses. Not sure its the same as a 4003, but i'll post it if its any help???

Steve[/quote]

Hey Steve, many thanks for the reply but the website above did the trick
Cheers
Chris