Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Maple P, Tokai FL and Charvel P.

The Bass Doc

1983 Fender Precision - black with maple. Be warned this one has man-size string spacing. Price £650.00.
[attachment=32513:DCFC0054.JPG]
Tokai lined fretless - sorry not the Jazz bass but an 'original series' one. Has volume, treble and bass but on a passive circuit (ideal for adding actives). The centre control has a push-pull facility to switch from dual to single coil. Asking £160.00.
[attachment=32514:DCFC0058.JPG]
USA Charvel believed late 70s/early 80s - very red - basically a Precision with a pointy headstock. Bargain at £150.00.
[attachment=32512:DCFC0049.JPG]

I have an 83 Precision which is a tremendous bass. Fullerton made. Lighter weight after the heavy late seventies. What more could a precision fan want? At £650 this is a great bargain for somebody. All the best with the sale.

[quote name='Hutton' post='593854' date='Sep 9 2009, 01:57 PM']I have an 83 Precision which is a tremendous bass. Fullerton made. Lighter weight after the heavy late seventies. What more could a precision fan want? At £650 this is a great bargain for somebody. All the best with the sale.[/quote]

Pity it aint the tobacco burst double white P, gold hardwared funkmeister version :)

[quote name='fender73' post='594312' date='Sep 9 2009, 09:18 PM']Hi dude - can you give any more info on the Charvel - what's the general condition, is there any fretwear etc?

Are you willing to post?

Cheers

Graeme[/quote]

OK - the Charvel is in very good nick for it's age - small ding on the edge close to the jack socket - no real buckle rash and hardly any wear on the frets.

I would include a basic gig bag and try to find a carton for it's journey but suggest going halfers on the cost of carriage.

Let me know if you want to take things further.

Cheers,

H.