Why become a member? ×

Artec se2a

YouMa

Im thinking about fitting an artec se2A preamp (the 2 band one) into my highway one jazz,does any one know if this with the 9 volt battery is going to fit into the control cavity,i hope it will as i cant afford audere or east at the moment but really need a bit more of a boost on board,thanks for your help in advance.

Judging by the diagrams I have seen I doubt you could fit both the circuit and the 9v battery under the control plate - would probably require a separate battery compartment. If you intend the bass to active forever I think a separate compartment is preferable even with the more expensive circuits, so you don't disturb the wiring when changing the battery in a hurry.

[quote name='The Bass Doc' post='593662' date='Sep 9 2009, 09:39 AM']Judging by the diagrams I have seen I doubt you could fit both the circuit and the 9v battery under the control plate - would probably require a separate battery compartment. If you intend the bass to active forever I think a separate compartment is preferable even with the more expensive circuits, so you don't disturb the wiring when changing the battery in a hurry.[/quote]

Cheers mate,its a shame no one has come up with a smaller type of 9 volt battery yet.Has anyone here fitted one of these befor.

Edited by YouMa

[url="http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/category.cgi?item=SP-MINI-9V"]http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/...item=SP-MINI-9V[/url]

Cant guarantee how long it will last tho :) its all about the current draw n stuff )

I had to get the router out to fit a pp3 9v with my artec as it was such a tight squeeze , nearly but not quite ..lol

fwiw the lithium ( rectangulars ) are even tighter

It does depend on the depth of your cavity route

If you wanna dry run it gimme a shout as ive got a se2a in my parts box ( somewhere )

They do a pretty ok job too imho for buttons money

Apols for any innuendo caused

Gary
v8