Why become a member? ×

Wanted, 5 string bass possible trades

GreeneKing

This is a bit of a shot in the dark I know.

Basically I've been playing a 5 string Kinal for the past couple of weeks and love it to bits. I traded it with a great BCer for a Marcus Miller IV fitted with a Sadowsky pre as he was looking for a MM.

Well, he's missing the Kinal and I'm missing the MM too so as mad as it seems we are reversing our deal.

I realise that I need a 5 string bass without any doubt - it's explained here I think:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=59453&hl=string"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...3&hl=string[/url]

So I have a number of basses I'm willing to consider trading for the right 5 string. I have quite a few basses too so it may be that more than one of these may float your boat in a trade for a high end 5er. An ACG would be a definite high interest 5 string.

Here's my possible trades, all 4 stringers obviously:

Rickenbacker CS4001 in mint condition with silver Tolex case etc, a real beauty that I'd value well over £2k.

1990 Warwick Thumb NT in really good condition, what can I say except if Warwick means clubby necks to you, think again. Balances perfectly too. Value £800

Mint, virtually new G&L L2000 Tribute in natural, value £350.

That's it, 3 x 4 stringers in any combination offered as a trade for a 5 string. High end considered but give me a pm and we can see.

Peter

Edited by GreeneKing

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='593013' date='Sep 8 2009, 04:26 PM']I've had a lot of pm's and some great offers but this is almost a done deal. If it doesn't happen I'll let you know. Thanks for the response.

Peter[/quote]
Be sure to let us know what 5'er you get :)