Why become a member? ×

Hello all!

Mecklenburg

Hi,

About time I introduced myself as I've been posting on this site a fair bit recently, usual just lurk on forums!

I play in [url="http://www.myspace.com/thebedfordincident"]The Bedford Incident[/url] - go have a listen, some of those tracks are from their old bass player, but you can hear me on "joyland" (if its up yet) "the girl who played with fire" and some others i can't remember!

I've been playing bass for about 10 years now, since the age of 16 when I started in a cover bands with friends lol.

I'm into quite a fair range of music - ranging from Doom and Black Metal, Hawkwind, The Flaming Lips and Parliament-Funkadelic!

My gear is pretty limited, due to lack of space and my firm belief (and also a major gripe) in that quite often bass players with too much GAS, are pretty attroticous - a £1,000 bass and god knows how much power in your amp won't make you sound any better if you can't play in the 1st place! :)

Current gear -
MIM Jazz Bass - a good one, not a friday afternoon jobby!
Westone Dynasty - not sure the year, early 80s - definetly from the look of it!! (if anyone knows anything about this bass get in touch!!)
Ashdown and Calrsbro amplification
Various array of FX pedals and boards and ever expanding
and I like playing the Harmonica!

I would like;
Rickenbacker - not sure which yet - when I've got enough money for one anyway!

[quote name='skankdelvar' post='588224' date='Sep 3 2009, 01:09 AM']Hi Mecklenburg and welcome :)

That's a fair old spread of music. Also, beware - much of this forum is powered by GAS :lol: :rolleyes:[/quote]

I go for things with a great bass lines, drumming and rhythm, and weird stuff lol.

This place is almost 100% GAS powered, not very eco friendly! :lol:

[quote name='grumble' post='588596' date='Sep 3 2009, 01:33 PM']Hmmm... Mecklenburg... well as a Denver Broncos fan you have got me on your side already :)[/quote]

lol sorry I've no idea who the Denver Broncos are, I'm guessing Mecklenburg plays for them lol

I got the name off an US army surplus jacket and used it as a 'stage name' in my last band, kinda stuck!

[quote]ol sorry I've no idea who the Denver Broncos are, I'm guessing Mecklenburg plays for them lol[/quote]

No problem, I sometimes forget that not everyone regards gridiron as the finest sport on earth and the Denver Broncos the greatest team ever :)
Karl Mecklenburg played for the Broncos for many years,its a name fondly remembered by fans.
[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Mecklenburg"]Here[/url] is your namesake

[quote name='grumble' post='589293' date='Sep 4 2009, 12:24 AM']No problem, I sometimes forget that not everyone regards gridiron as the finest sport on earth and the Denver Broncos the greatest team ever :)
Karl Mecklenburg played for the Broncos for many years,its a name fondly remembered by fans.
[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Mecklenburg"]Here[/url] is your namesake[/quote]

Nope sorry I can't agree on that one. The finest sport on earth, now that would be cricket!