Why become a member? ×

SOLD ** Akai Unibass UB1 * SOLD

JPJ

[b]Akai Unibass UB1[/b]

No longer in production and highly sought after, this bass distortion pedal includes a built-in octaver with octave up. In addition to the higher octave you can also add a lower 4th or upper 5th to the wet signal and you can run the wet distorted octave signal through a separate out with or without the upper 5th / lower 4th, whilst running your clean or dry bass signal through its own output. Blurb from the original Akai website:

[i]“You know the feeling - you play in a traditional guitar, bass and drums 3-piece but when the guitarist takes a solo, your band sounds empty.
Enter the UB1 UNIBASS.
The UB1 allows you to add an octave above whatever you play on your bass to keep the rhythm sound full while your guitarist wails away on lead. You can also add a 5th above (or a 4th below) the octave to retain the feel of guitar 'chords' underpinning your guitarist's deft pyrotechnics.
Furthermore, you can add distortion to the harmony to complete the illusion.”
Operation is simple. Set the controls as necessary and, at the appropriate moment, engage - your bass will not only drive your band along but it will also generate unison and/or chordal guitar accompaniment filling the hole left by your guitarist's solo.
[list]
[*]Add an octave above what you play so you can simulate the sound of bass and guitar playing in octaves
[*]Add a 5th above or a 4th below the octave sound
[*]Powerful distortion for the sound of an overdriven guitar
[*]Seperate outputs allow you to route direct bass signal to a bass amp and effect signal to a guitar amp
[/list][/i]

Comes with original packaging. No longer available, highly sought after, yours for £150 + PP. Note: Original rubber feet have been removed and Velcro added. Replacement self-adhesive rubber feet are available from Maplins for £1.50 for four.

Is also advertised locally and will be on eBay early next week if no interest either here or there before then.

Edited by JPJ

sold mine for £80 last year, interesting pedal indeed, still not quite gone the way of the deep impact just yet. Much more likely to get a higher price in the USA, make sure your listing is worldwide :)

Cheers Guys,

I paid £150 for this a year ago after getting into an alchohol fuelled bidding war late one night. Guess I got a bit trigger happy then by the prices quoted here. Any offers before off to the land of eBay?

• 4 weeks later...