Why become a member? ×

FS/FT Pre EB Stingray 4 SOLD SOLD SOLD

Davetbass

Thinking about moving on my trusty Stingray that has served me well but not getting a look in after purchasing a Sandberg PM4.

It's a slab body and dated 83. All the electronics are original but the bridge has been upgraded to a Schaller a some point a long time ago. There are the usual amount of dings and belt scratches that you would expect to find on an old, used bass but no cracks or splits.

The neck is from a Sabre and is dated 80 on the end of it. I have no idea where the original Stingray neck is or what happened to it but it fits snuggly and was professionally done. The laquer has worn off the back of the neck with playing and has it's fair share of "mojo" aswell as the body. Had a refret and the nut replaced a couple of months ago when I was concerned about a small hump in the neck. The luthier told me it was nothing serious and the frets were level with no dead spots. It has a hipshot dtuner, standard gauge Ernieball strings and a padded gigbag.

Not quite sure how to price this as it's a bit wierd. All the parts are genuine,stamped USA components and pre EB. It sounds great and can be heard at www.acdc-volts.com. Also used on the Threats album "God is Not With us Today" Some opinions of a fair price would be welcomed :)

For trades I would be interested in either a decent 5 string or fretless 4.

I live in Edinburgh if anyone wants to try it out and can post in an old but functional hardcase.

Thanks for looking!!

Dave

Edited by Davetbass

[quote name='Weird War' post='579579' date='Aug 24 2009, 09:27 PM']Very nice indeed: with that colour, pickguard and maple neck you better be funky boy, that's one PIMP of a bass. :rolleyes:

Got any bigger photos?[/quote]

Put a bit slap in a punk track with this bass once! Does that make me a funky boy? :)

Try this gallery link:

[url="http://img89.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=p1010800q.jpg"]http://img89.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=p1010800q.jpg[/url]

My camera is crap but you get the idea...

[quote name='Davetbass' post='579598' date='Aug 24 2009, 09:51 PM']Put a bit slap in a punk track with this bass once! Does that make me a funky boy? :)

Try this gallery link:

[url="http://img89.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=p1010800q.jpg"]http://img89.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=p1010800q.jpg[/url]

My camera is crap but you get the idea...[/quote]
Sure does. :rolleyes: Looks a corker, good luck with the sale.

[quote name='BarelyL4' post='580109' date='Aug 25 2009, 12:39 PM']Hi there Dave, obviously the Sandberg is working out for you if you are looking to sell your beloved MM! :)[/quote]

It's the dugs baws mate! Using pbassalikes all the time now so it's sitting in the cupboard under the stairs like Harry Potter:) Would prefer a trade if anything as it's a difficult bass to put a price to. I paid £600 for it and have had it for 10 years so maybe...£500 posted?

Dave

[quote name='Rockern' post='581828' date='Aug 26 2009, 08:12 PM']So the pickup and preamp are original? The pickguard is not?

Would you consider sending it to Sweden?[/quote]

Yes,yes and yes. Might have to add a bit on for postage though. Postage included is for UK only.

[quote name='Kev' post='581959' date='Aug 26 2009, 10:21 PM']personally, i think you could get more than £500[/quote]

I would say its worth about £750ish easy. Have you checked the provenance? do you know for a fact that the neck was added after the factory? I have read that during the transition period they bolted anything together to use old stock. This could be one of those instruments.

ATB

Dave

Edited by cd_david

[quote name='cd_david' post='581966' date='Aug 26 2009, 10:29 PM']I would say its worth about £750ish easy. Have you checked the provenance? do you know for a fact that the neck was added after the factory? I have read that during the transition period they bolted anything together to use old stock. This could be one of those instruments.

ATB

Dave[/quote]

+1 you be mad to sell it for anything less IMO.

[quote name='cd_david' post='581966' date='Aug 26 2009, 10:29 PM']I would say its worth about £750ish easy. Have you checked the provenance? do you know for a fact that the neck was added after the factory? I have read that during the transition period they bolted anything together to use old stock. This could be one of those instruments.

ATB

Dave[/quote]

I dont know for a fact if the neck was added laterly just assumed it was as theres a 3 year difference in age. How do you check the provenance?

[quote name='Davetbass' post='582088' date='Aug 27 2009, 02:14 AM']I dont know for a fact if the neck was added laterly just assumed it was as theres a 3 year difference in age. How do you check the provenance?[/quote]

www.ernieball.com/forums/music-man-basses/

There is a serial number thread on there, If you post all the details ie. dates etc they will give you the history of the bass.

Good luck

Dave

• 4 weeks later...