Why become a member? ×

Nice 62 RI Jazz bass but whiffy feedback???

Clarky

Pretty American Vintage 62RI Jazz for sale (it seems) but seller has only been on eBay for a month and has collected over 30 +'ve feedbacks, nearly all of which are private and include a number of 'no longer registered users' plus that dodgy 'increase your eBay feedback' seller. Hmmm. Maybe I am over-cautious but that feedback looks very odd

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/USA-FENDER-62-VINTAGE-REISSUE-JAZZ-BASS-Early-Mid-90s_W0QQitemZ290341989481QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item4399bb2c69&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/USA-FENDER-62-VINTAG...id=p3286.c0.m14[/url]

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='BB2000' post='577035' date='Aug 21 2009, 07:35 PM']If new sellers have received less that 20 positive feedbacks (as a seller) paypal holds on to any payments made to them for 21 days, unless the buyer provides positive feedback before then, so a bidder should be pretty safe.[/quote]
Yeah, but it looks like this guy has contrived over 30 feedbacks so you wouldn't be protected that way. The fact he has 'bought' feedback (from a no longer registered seller of eBay feedback) alone looks dodgy to me

Just counted - of his 30 or so feedbacks (all bar one are as a buyer), 22 are in last few weeks from 'no longer registered' users

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='dazco' post='577057' date='Aug 21 2009, 07:53 PM']If you are desperate for it I will go and have a look if you want.[/quote]
Thanks but I was really pointing it out for the benefit of any BC'er who might have taken a quick look and got excited by what is undoubtedly a pretty-looking bass

I am sure i read recently of people offering a system of 'buying' + feedback or setting up a system to boost it but cant think where it was.
Never rely on just the figure anyway, always have a good poke about.
Is it me or are s/h Fender prices falling generally (possibly in line with everything else)?

BB

[quote name='BarnacleBob' post='577078' date='Aug 21 2009, 08:13 PM']I am sure i read recently of people offering a system of 'buying' + feedback or setting up a system to boost it but cant think where it was.
Never rely on just the figure anyway, always have a good poke about.
Is it me or are s/h Fender prices falling generally (possibly in line with everything else)?

BB[/quote]
Nothing appears to be selling. Cars, guitars, houses, watches. But the prices are staying up for some reason.

I have just sold a car for about 6 grand less than I thought i would get for it,no interest whatsoever and it is the same with houses and basses IMHO. No takers no takers, no takers reduce the price and someone swoops.

Just my opinion, but Ihave bought and sold a lot of things recently.

[quote name='Clarky' post='577040' date='Aug 21 2009, 07:39 PM']Yeah, but it looks like this guy has contrived over 30 feedbacks so you wouldn't be protected that way. The fact he has 'bought' feedback (from a no longer registered seller of eBay feedback) alone looks dodgy to me

Just counted - of his 30 or so feedbacks (all bar one are as a buyer), 22 are in last few weeks from 'no longer registered' users[/quote]

I don't think feedback as a buyer counts, only those received as a seller.

Later: Here's the new policy -

Why might my payments be held?

PayPal will hold payments in transactions where the vast majority of seller fraud occurs. Here are the most common instances in which a payment may be held:

* You have been on eBay less than six months and sell an item above £50.
* You have a feedback score of less than 98% and sell an item above £50.
* More than 5% of your transactions result in dissatisfied buyers*.
* You have an average Detailed Seller Rating (DSR) of 4.5 or less.
* You have received less than 20 Detailed Seller Ratings.
* You are listing your item in a higher-risk category.

Edited by BB2000