Why become a member? ×

Lakland Darryl Jones Signature Skyline Bass - Upgraded!

faceman

With some regret, I'm putting for some sale my Lakland Darryl Jones. I purchased this from the delightful molan on this forum in February this year and have played it nearly every day since. It's got the most amazing neck I've ever felt on a bass - smooth, silkily and easy to maneuver on. The body is the sparkly Lake Placid Blue colour, the neck has rosewood fretboard with the block inlays as you would expect. However, the best thing about this bass is the weight. It weights only 8.4lb, making easy work for a night's gigging session. In terms of cosmetics, it's pretty good all around, with no major marks to the body. There is slight dent on the neck (pictured below) but nothing else major I can spot. I've used for three gigs this year, and just for rehearsing and recording besides that.

As I said, it's got some upgrades. Firstly, the pickups are upgraded to Aeros, which are the originals that Darryl uses in his bass. They have a little more growl and generally more powerful than the standard ones. Secondly, it has a Hipshot D-Tuner. Thirdly, it has a white pearloid pickguard, that was pre-ordered and specially made by Lakland for myself. Fourthly, it has the Lakland leather hard case. It's in beautiful white leather, with only a few marks and scuffs.

The reason I'm selling is because I've found a Rickenbacker 3001, something I've always wanted and it will work well as a backup to my 4003. If it was not for this, I would not be selling. It records very well and features on all the tracks of my band's upcoming EP.

I'm looking for £650 + P&P or pickup from the North East of England. Shipping is usually around £15 with my trusted carrier. Any questions, let me know. I'm looking for a quick sell, so I can still grab this 3001 from the USA. I'll get some more photos if people would like them.

Seb

Edited by sebpayne

I'm not doubting your intentions or honesty Seb BUT how accurate is that 8.4lb statement (and is that 8.4lb mixed metric/imperial or 8lb 4oz? :rolleyes: )?

Were it genuinely 8lb 4oz I'd be interested but I'd have to stress that guesstimates/manufacturers claims of weight, wouldn't cut the mustard with me! :)